Feb 15, 2013, 12:09 PM EDT
Above you can see LeBron James’ run at the end of the second quarter against the Thunder, when the best player on the planet turned it up a notch and toyed with Kevin Durant and the Thunder like a dad against an eight-year-old in the driveway.
What sparked that run?
University of Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard started barking at LeBron during the second quarter. And he owned it on twitter.
“He told me to shoot it,” LeBron said of the courtside fan to reporters. “He said, ‘Shoot it, you can’t shoot.’ So I said OK. So I shot it.”
And he kept shooting it, again and again, at ridiculous angles and with ridiculous efficiency, firing in 10 points in a 1:46 span.
“And I made it,” LeBron continued. “And I made another one. And I made another one. And he stopped talking to me.”
Note to Ikard: Next time Kobe Bryant is in town, may not want to chirp at him, either.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 29
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1