Feb 15, 2013, 12:09 PM EDT
Above you can see LeBron James’ run at the end of the second quarter against the Thunder, when the best player on the planet turned it up a notch and toyed with Kevin Durant and the Thunder like a dad against an eight-year-old in the driveway.
What sparked that run?
University of Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard started barking at LeBron during the second quarter. And he owned it on twitter.
“He told me to shoot it,” LeBron said of the courtside fan to reporters. “He said, ‘Shoot it, you can’t shoot.’ So I said OK. So I shot it.”
And he kept shooting it, again and again, at ridiculous angles and with ridiculous efficiency, firing in 10 points in a 1:46 span.
“And I made it,” LeBron continued. “And I made another one. And I made another one. And he stopped talking to me.”
Note to Ikard: Next time Kobe Bryant is in town, may not want to chirp at him, either.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 32
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 32
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18