Feb 15, 2013, 12:09 PM EDT
Above you can see LeBron James’ run at the end of the second quarter against the Thunder, when the best player on the planet turned it up a notch and toyed with Kevin Durant and the Thunder like a dad against an eight-year-old in the driveway.
What sparked that run?
University of Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard started barking at LeBron during the second quarter. And he owned it on twitter.
“He told me to shoot it,” LeBron said of the courtside fan to reporters. “He said, ‘Shoot it, you can’t shoot.’ So I said OK. So I shot it.”
And he kept shooting it, again and again, at ridiculous angles and with ridiculous efficiency, firing in 10 points in a 1:46 span.
“And I made it,” LeBron continued. “And I made another one. And I made another one. And he stopped talking to me.”
Note to Ikard: Next time Kobe Bryant is in town, may not want to chirp at him, either.
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 1
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 0
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 2
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 5
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 23