Feb 15, 2013, 12:09 PM EST
Above you can see LeBron James’ run at the end of the second quarter against the Thunder, when the best player on the planet turned it up a notch and toyed with Kevin Durant and the Thunder like a dad against an eight-year-old in the driveway.
What sparked that run?
University of Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard started barking at LeBron during the second quarter. And he owned it on twitter.
“He told me to shoot it,” LeBron said of the courtside fan to reporters. “He said, ‘Shoot it, you can’t shoot.’ So I said OK. So I shot it.”
And he kept shooting it, again and again, at ridiculous angles and with ridiculous efficiency, firing in 10 points in a 1:46 span.
“And I made it,” LeBron continued. “And I made another one. And I made another one. And he stopped talking to me.”
Note to Ikard: Next time Kobe Bryant is in town, may not want to chirp at him, either.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)