Oklahoma football player chirped at LeBron Thursday. He chose poorly.

Feb 15, 2013, 12:09 PM EST

Above you can see LeBron James’ run at the end of the second quarter against the Thunder, when the best player on the planet turned it up a notch and toyed with Kevin Durant and the Thunder like a dad against an eight-year-old in the driveway.

What sparked that run?

University of Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard started barking at LeBron during the second quarter. And he owned it on twitter.

LeBron told the Oklahoman he heard Ikard.

“He told me to shoot it,” LeBron said of the courtside fan to reporters. “He said, ‘Shoot it, you can’t shoot.’ So I said OK. So I shot it.”

And he kept shooting it, again and again, at ridiculous angles and with ridiculous efficiency, firing in 10 points in a 1:46 span.

“And I made it,” LeBron continued. “And I made another one. And I made another one. And he stopped talking to me.”

Note to Ikard: Next time Kobe Bryant is in town, may not want to chirp at him, either.

1. jayfur4u - Feb 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Leborn is a sick man, unbelievably talented, but he should learn from Reggie Miller that letting a fan interfere with the game on the court never tolls well in the long run. Just ask Reggie Miller. How many rings does he have? Lebron is a million times better then Reggie but just shows that the focus is not 100% there and is able to rattled. Kobe is Tunnel Vision focused on each play of every game. Jordan didnt even think there was anyone else in the arena but him Pippen and Paxon. I cant wait for the day were Lebron just gets it, and understands that he can dominate the league for the next 10 years. He can beat anyone, he is now the best player in the league and if he just had the focus/drive that Kobe shows he couldnt be beat.

• southbeachtalent - Feb 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I guess he is to go undefeated then, forever?

BTW – I hope LeBron learns NOTHING from Reggie..

• fanofevilempire - Feb 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM

LJ is just hyping it, where was this kid when LJ was torching everyone the last 7, 8 games.
      LJ does not need a knuckle head to cheer him on basically LJ is calling him out and saying hey bi-atch take that, and that and another one MF’er.
      The ref’s tried to screw with LJ nearing the end of the first quarter where he picked up 2 fouls a double tech.

• jayfur4u - Feb 15, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Guess that was the worst comment in this sites history. lmao. Face it, Lebron just isnt at the level of Kobe or Jordan when they were at their prime. Talk to me in a few years.

• captainwisdom8888 - Feb 16, 2013 at 2:28 AM

haha you made a bit of sense here. and a bit of nonsense there. but overall this site is full of a bunch of ppl who want to bash on ur statements as much as possible. also, if ur post is simply too long, ur gonna get a thumbs down

ur style of writing is a bit elementary. “tolls well in the long run”-i can get it but it doesnt flow….reggies rings? has nothing to do with fans interfering with him

you make a clear statement, then you provide direct support for that statement. nothing more, nothing less

• florida727 - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Try “Hooked On Phonics”. I hear it can do wonders for those who are shall we say “challenged” by the English language.

• 1historian - Feb 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM

jayfur4u – to you falls the privilege, the responsibility, the DUTY, of standing out in the square holding a sign with the simple message – “I DON’T GET IT”

• thetooloftools - Feb 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

It’s a shame Reggie Miller made that dopey movie maker look like the punk he is.

2. rayray5227 - Feb 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Great post….

Did LeBron bounce you on his knee as well?

3. hojo20 - Feb 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Love the disbelief on the fans’ faces after LBJ hit that last 3.

4. clamus68 - Feb 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Hey Jay, you obviously don’t watch Sportscenter, they showed a Jordan clip vs the Jazz when he slammed one home over John Stockton. A Jazz fan yelled “pick on someone your own size!” Three possessions later he slam dunks over 7 footer Roy Tarpley and yells back at the fan “Is that big enough for you?” Jordan talked a TON of trash to opposing fans who heckled him. So what’s with that laser focus, and how many rings dies Jordan have? By the way that Jordan highlight was on this morning’s SC.

• deetrain11 - Feb 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Melvin Tupin from UK….Tarpley never played for jazz. I’m showing my age, most of u don’t remember BIG MEL.

• deetrain11 - Feb 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM

That’s Turpin

5. omahakidw - Feb 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM

This guy only wished he were good as LJ. Its always possible to jelous when your game is no good. Maybe if this clown asked Mike Stoops to askj his brother for a try-out, he might be able to really run his mouth, and we`d all know if he is able to back up his trap ! Doubt it though.

6. pellypell - Feb 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I am curious as to how Gabe Ikard scored tickets to one of the most anticipated matchups in the NBA this year, outside of the playoffs. Not just any tickets, but front row tickets. Probably a G a piece for those seats, if not more.

• emosnar - Feb 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Just looking for attention.

7. tannethrill - Feb 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM

LeBron reminds me of Damon Wayans character from Celtic Pride lol

8. dko83 - Feb 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Definitely don’t chirp at Kobe, Gabe. He may shoot 9-23 on you while losing by 20 pts.

9. rodge1 - Feb 15, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Don’t chirp at Kobe, he’ll have you and your coach fired.

10. scalfor3 - Feb 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM

He chirped? Is this PHT?

11. gopokes0714 - Feb 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM

@pellypell

I thought this very thing when Blake Bell was sitting court side at a game. I forget which game it was now, but it was a high profile game.

I am pretty sure that even if you have the money for courtside, the tickets are long sold out. I am aslo pretty sure that all courtside is season ticket holders. I wonder of it would be possible to find out who has those seats.

12. gopokes0714 - Feb 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM

keep in mind lil wayne couldn’t even get courtside tickets

13. jimeejohnson - Feb 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM

He who laughs last laughs best.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches