Feb 14, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
Eric Gordon didn’t make a lot of friends in the New Orleans fan base last summer when he begged the organization not to match the max-contract offer from the Phoenix Suns. Then Gordon was back in Los Angeles dealing with knee pain for the first half of the season. Now since his return he’s had some good nights, he’s had others where it looks like he’d rather be anywhere else.
With all that history, are the Hornets willing to trade Eric Gordon?
Probably not, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN in a trade rumor post (behind their pay wall). But probably not is different than “no way,” which was the response initially. After some teams called the Hornets the Hornets made some calls to judge market value.
I’m told a Gordon trade this season is highly unlikely, with one source with knowledge of the situation telling ESPN.com this week that, as things stand, there’s “less than a 10 percent chance” New Orleans would move Gordon before the deadline. Still, the fact that the Hornets made calls around the league implies that they are at least warming up to the idea of moving him at some point.
There would be interested parties, but the Hornets are going to want a lot of value back. Dell Demps pictured Gordon and Anthony Davis growing up together and learning to win together as young players in an Oklahoma City sort of way. They have a potential franchise anchor in Davis, they will want young studs to go with him. Not your bad contracts.
But it’s something to watch.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 0
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 5
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 48
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28