Feb 14, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
The Extra Pass is a column that’s designed to give you a better look at a theme, team, player or scheme. Today, we look at the fastbreak of the Houston Rockets.
You’re probably aware of how brilliant James Harden has been, but this season has been about more than just Harden for Houston. The big news, of course, is that the Rockets are on pace to make the playoffs, but they’re also playing at the league’s fastest pace and shooting the most 3-pointers. How are they doing it? We examined Houston’s lightning quick transition offense in this video breakdown:
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 0
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 29
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12