Feb 14, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
The Extra Pass is a column that’s designed to give you a better look at a theme, team, player or scheme. Today, we look at the fastbreak of the Houston Rockets.
You’re probably aware of how brilliant James Harden has been, but this season has been about more than just Harden for Houston. The big news, of course, is that the Rockets are on pace to make the playoffs, but they’re also playing at the league’s fastest pace and shooting the most 3-pointers. How are they doing it? We examined Houston’s lightning quick transition offense in this video breakdown:
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32