Feb 14, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Cardiac arrest and heart issues are a serious problem among young athletes. Many youth gyms don’t have the equipment necessary to handle such a thing, and there have been pro athletes over the years who have had some scary close calls, and others who have tragically lost their lives.
Getting awareness out on something like this is an important thing, and Ricky Rubio is just one of many NBA players doing their part. Here’s video of Ricky Rubio demonstrating what to do in case of cardiac arrest, courtesy of The Basketball Jones:
Phoenix Suns big man Channing Frye, who is out for the season with heart complications, has a foundation to help raise awareness to heart problems, particularly focusing on young athletes. It’s nice to see NBA players using their platform for such a worthy cause. Big time props to all involved.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16