Feb 14, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Cardiac arrest and heart issues are a serious problem among young athletes. Many youth gyms don’t have the equipment necessary to handle such a thing, and there have been pro athletes over the years who have had some scary close calls, and others who have tragically lost their lives.
Getting awareness out on something like this is an important thing, and Ricky Rubio is just one of many NBA players doing their part. Here’s video of Ricky Rubio demonstrating what to do in case of cardiac arrest, courtesy of The Basketball Jones:
Phoenix Suns big man Channing Frye, who is out for the season with heart complications, has a foundation to help raise awareness to heart problems, particularly focusing on young athletes. It’s nice to see NBA players using their platform for such a worthy cause. Big time props to all involved.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 2
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 4
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31