Feb 14, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Cardiac arrest and heart issues are a serious problem among young athletes. Many youth gyms don’t have the equipment necessary to handle such a thing, and there have been pro athletes over the years who have had some scary close calls, and others who have tragically lost their lives.
Getting awareness out on something like this is an important thing, and Ricky Rubio is just one of many NBA players doing their part. Here’s video of Ricky Rubio demonstrating what to do in case of cardiac arrest, courtesy of The Basketball Jones:
Phoenix Suns big man Channing Frye, who is out for the season with heart complications, has a foundation to help raise awareness to heart problems, particularly focusing on young athletes. It’s nice to see NBA players using their platform for such a worthy cause. Big time props to all involved.
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6