Feb 14, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Cardiac arrest and heart issues are a serious problem among young athletes. Many youth gyms don’t have the equipment necessary to handle such a thing, and there have been pro athletes over the years who have had some scary close calls, and others who have tragically lost their lives.
Getting awareness out on something like this is an important thing, and Ricky Rubio is just one of many NBA players doing their part. Here’s video of Ricky Rubio demonstrating what to do in case of cardiac arrest, courtesy of The Basketball Jones:
Phoenix Suns big man Channing Frye, who is out for the season with heart complications, has a foundation to help raise awareness to heart problems, particularly focusing on young athletes. It’s nice to see NBA players using their platform for such a worthy cause. Big time props to all involved.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 10
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68