Feb 14, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Cardiac arrest and heart issues are a serious problem among young athletes. Many youth gyms don’t have the equipment necessary to handle such a thing, and there have been pro athletes over the years who have had some scary close calls, and others who have tragically lost their lives.
Getting awareness out on something like this is an important thing, and Ricky Rubio is just one of many NBA players doing their part. Here’s video of Ricky Rubio demonstrating what to do in case of cardiac arrest, courtesy of The Basketball Jones:
Phoenix Suns big man Channing Frye, who is out for the season with heart complications, has a foundation to help raise awareness to heart problems, particularly focusing on young athletes. It’s nice to see NBA players using their platform for such a worthy cause. Big time props to all involved.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28