Feb 14, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Late in the first quarter of Thursday’s contest between the Heat and the Thunder, Kevin Durant leaned back awkwardly in midair going for a rebound, and came crashing hard to the floor, without being able to do anything to break the fall.
Durant fell directly on the left side of his body, with it appearing as though his hip took the majority of the contact.
After being examined by the team’s medical staff, Durant decided he was good to go and stayed in the game, returning to action on the very next play.
We’ll see how it feels as the game goes on and then afterward and in the days to come, but even if he ends up coming away completely unscathed, it was a scary moment for one of the league’s best players.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3