Feb 14, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of Thursday’s contest between the Heat and the Thunder, Kevin Durant leaned back awkwardly in midair going for a rebound, and came crashing hard to the floor, without being able to do anything to break the fall.
Durant fell directly on the left side of his body, with it appearing as though his hip took the majority of the contact.
After being examined by the team’s medical staff, Durant decided he was good to go and stayed in the game, returning to action on the very next play.
We’ll see how it feels as the game goes on and then afterward and in the days to come, but even if he ends up coming away completely unscathed, it was a scary moment for one of the league’s best players.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4