Feb 14, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of Thursday’s contest between the Heat and the Thunder, Kevin Durant leaned back awkwardly in midair going for a rebound, and came crashing hard to the floor, without being able to do anything to break the fall.
Durant fell directly on the left side of his body, with it appearing as though his hip took the majority of the contact.
After being examined by the team’s medical staff, Durant decided he was good to go and stayed in the game, returning to action on the very next play.
We’ll see how it feels as the game goes on and then afterward and in the days to come, but even if he ends up coming away completely unscathed, it was a scary moment for one of the league’s best players.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38