Feb 14, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Late in the first quarter of Thursday’s contest between the Heat and the Thunder, Kevin Durant leaned back awkwardly in midair going for a rebound, and came crashing hard to the floor, without being able to do anything to break the fall.
Durant fell directly on the left side of his body, with it appearing as though his hip took the majority of the contact.
After being examined by the team’s medical staff, Durant decided he was good to go and stayed in the game, returning to action on the very next play.
We’ll see how it feels as the game goes on and then afterward and in the days to come, but even if he ends up coming away completely unscathed, it was a scary moment for one of the league’s best players.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 11
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30