Feb 14, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Late in the first quarter of Thursday’s contest between the Heat and the Thunder, Kevin Durant leaned back awkwardly in midair going for a rebound, and came crashing hard to the floor, without being able to do anything to break the fall.
Durant fell directly on the left side of his body, with it appearing as though his hip took the majority of the contact.
After being examined by the team’s medical staff, Durant decided he was good to go and stayed in the game, returning to action on the very next play.
We’ll see how it feels as the game goes on and then afterward and in the days to come, but even if he ends up coming away completely unscathed, it was a scary moment for one of the league’s best players.
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 0
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 31
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 26
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 36