Feb 14, 2013, 1:37 AM EST
This is what the Spurs do — make a mistake and you pay the price.
Down two with 8 seconds left in Cleveland, Tony Parker gets the ball out top and drives the lane. If you don’t take that away from him one of the best point guards in the game will tie it up. Tyler Zeller does the right thing and cuts off Parker’s path to the basket. But watch rookie Dion Waiters almost unconsciously slide into the paint to be near the action and leave Kawhi Leonard alone in the corner.
Tony Parker finds Leonard — it’s what the Spurs do, the execute game in and game out better than any team in the league. Leonard is shooting 48.8 percent on corner threes this season and this one fell. And the Spurs win. Again.
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 0
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 20
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16