Feb 14, 2013, 1:37 AM EDT
This is what the Spurs do — make a mistake and you pay the price.
Down two with 8 seconds left in Cleveland, Tony Parker gets the ball out top and drives the lane. If you don’t take that away from him one of the best point guards in the game will tie it up. Tyler Zeller does the right thing and cuts off Parker’s path to the basket. But watch rookie Dion Waiters almost unconsciously slide into the paint to be near the action and leave Kawhi Leonard alone in the corner.
Tony Parker finds Leonard — it’s what the Spurs do, the execute game in and game out better than any team in the league. Leonard is shooting 48.8 percent on corner threes this season and this one fell. And the Spurs win. Again.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37