Feb 14, 2013, 1:37 AM EDT
This is what the Spurs do — make a mistake and you pay the price.
Down two with 8 seconds left in Cleveland, Tony Parker gets the ball out top and drives the lane. If you don’t take that away from him one of the best point guards in the game will tie it up. Tyler Zeller does the right thing and cuts off Parker’s path to the basket. But watch rookie Dion Waiters almost unconsciously slide into the paint to be near the action and leave Kawhi Leonard alone in the corner.
Tony Parker finds Leonard — it’s what the Spurs do, the execute game in and game out better than any team in the league. Leonard is shooting 48.8 percent on corner threes this season and this one fell. And the Spurs win. Again.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6