Feb 14, 2013, 1:37 AM EST
This is what the Spurs do — make a mistake and you pay the price.
Down two with 8 seconds left in Cleveland, Tony Parker gets the ball out top and drives the lane. If you don’t take that away from him one of the best point guards in the game will tie it up. Tyler Zeller does the right thing and cuts off Parker’s path to the basket. But watch rookie Dion Waiters almost unconsciously slide into the paint to be near the action and leave Kawhi Leonard alone in the corner.
Tony Parker finds Leonard — it’s what the Spurs do, the execute game in and game out better than any team in the league. Leonard is shooting 48.8 percent on corner threes this season and this one fell. And the Spurs win. Again.
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 7
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 4
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 12
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 30
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (46)