Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Ryan Hollins, get out your checkbook, because that is going to cost you.
Houston’s Jeremy got banged around pretty good Wednesday night. First came the play where he tweaked his wrist after getting knocked to the ground on a drive. That happens.
But a few possessions later Lin stripped Ryan Hollins of the ball and tried to push the ball up the other way, but as he did Lamar Odom committed the European style “stop the break with a foul at midcourt” play that was nothing out of the ordinary but did send Lin stumbling to the ground.
And while he was down Hollins ran up and kicked him. Intentionally. It’s pretty clear.
Hollins has the reputation of trying cheap shots, but this one is going to cost him. A lot. Likely a suspension but at the very least a healthy fine.
And deservedly so.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11