Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Ryan Hollins, get out your checkbook, because that is going to cost you.
Houston’s Jeremy got banged around pretty good Wednesday night. First came the play where he tweaked his wrist after getting knocked to the ground on a drive. That happens.
But a few possessions later Lin stripped Ryan Hollins of the ball and tried to push the ball up the other way, but as he did Lamar Odom committed the European style “stop the break with a foul at midcourt” play that was nothing out of the ordinary but did send Lin stumbling to the ground.
And while he was down Hollins ran up and kicked him. Intentionally. It’s pretty clear.
Hollins has the reputation of trying cheap shots, but this one is going to cost him. A lot. Likely a suspension but at the very least a healthy fine.
And deservedly so.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 9
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 14
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 13
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10