Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Ryan Hollins, get out your checkbook, because that is going to cost you.
Houston’s Jeremy got banged around pretty good Wednesday night. First came the play where he tweaked his wrist after getting knocked to the ground on a drive. That happens.
But a few possessions later Lin stripped Ryan Hollins of the ball and tried to push the ball up the other way, but as he did Lamar Odom committed the European style “stop the break with a foul at midcourt” play that was nothing out of the ordinary but did send Lin stumbling to the ground.
And while he was down Hollins ran up and kicked him. Intentionally. It’s pretty clear.
Hollins has the reputation of trying cheap shots, but this one is going to cost him. A lot. Likely a suspension but at the very least a healthy fine.
And deservedly so.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 0
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5