Feb 13, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Bobby Flay loves chipotle.
• Knicks coach Mike Woodson was on ESPN radio in New York that the Knicks would not be trading Iman Shumpert. Now, Woodson doesn’t get to make that call, but I think it’s a sign he is on the part of the Knicks front office that doesn’t want to see Shumpert moved. Most likely he will not be, unless the deal is too good to pass up.
• One guy who is ending up in more and more trade scuttlebutt is Brandon Jennings. He switched agents to a guy known for getting his clients into big markets and Jennings is a restricted free agent this summer — you can see the big poison pill free agent offer coming, and so can the Bucks. So they may have no choice but to move him now and get something in return.
• If you read one thing today, it should be the fantastic piece by former 76ers beat writer and current ESPN employee Kate Fagen about the sexism in the culture of sports.
• Dominique Wilkins says that before the legendary 1988 dunk contest against Michael Jordan he didn’t even practice.
• Covering the NBA can warp your perspective of what a tall human being looks like, and then there are some guys who even NBA regulars look at and think, “damn.” Yao Ming is one of those guys. Check out the picture at this link of him standing next to NFL defensive end J.J. Watt.
• The Clippers eight-game road trip as seen through Civil War style correspondence.
• An attorney has been convicted in the murder of Eddie Curry’s ex-girlfriend and daughter.
• Donald Sloan is leaving Sioux Falls of the D-League to play in China. Why? Money.
Apr 24, 2014, 2:48 AM EDT
LA has 89 points and 26 rebounds in two games.
Apr 24, 2014, 1:40 AM EDT
Trail Blazers take 2-0 series lead with second win in Houston
Apr 23, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
The Spurs turned the ball over on 26.2 percent of their possessions. It’s very unSpurs like.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
This should have gotten McRoberts ejected.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
Bobcats keep battling, but Heat have too much talent.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
He has Durant, LeBron and Griffin on his MIP list… but it makes a good MVP ballot.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Big-time blocked shot by Henderson.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The documentary will be screened at the Tribeca Film Festival this weekend.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
Utah needs a coach good at player development, Synder could be a fit.
Apr 23, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
CSNWashington.com’s Wizards insider talks about the best story line in the playoffs so far.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
It’s a real possibility, but only if Anthony believes a plan to win is in place.
Mavericks’ Rick Carlisle on Spurs’ Gregg Popovich: ‘Why don’t we just give him Coach of the Century?’
Apr 23, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
He’s not wrong.
Apr 23, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
McHale jokes with a reporter by making a painfully obvious observation.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
Harper worked as Pistons assistant for two years
Apr 23, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
That will end the rumors, right?
Apr 23, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Timberwolves president coached Minnesota, Detroit and Washington before taking current job
Apr 23, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
It would be a mistake, but the Pacers’ slide has everyone on edge in Indy.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Lance Stephenson was second, Anthony Davis third, but they were well back of Dragic.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
7-foot-1, athletic with 3-point range — what’s not to like? A decent amount
Apr 23, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Frank Vogel resisted the urge to do anything dramatic and trusted his team to make little changes. It worked.
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12