Feb 13, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Bobby Flay loves chipotle.
• Knicks coach Mike Woodson was on ESPN radio in New York that the Knicks would not be trading Iman Shumpert. Now, Woodson doesn’t get to make that call, but I think it’s a sign he is on the part of the Knicks front office that doesn’t want to see Shumpert moved. Most likely he will not be, unless the deal is too good to pass up.
• One guy who is ending up in more and more trade scuttlebutt is Brandon Jennings. He switched agents to a guy known for getting his clients into big markets and Jennings is a restricted free agent this summer — you can see the big poison pill free agent offer coming, and so can the Bucks. So they may have no choice but to move him now and get something in return.
• If you read one thing today, it should be the fantastic piece by former 76ers beat writer and current ESPN employee Kate Fagen about the sexism in the culture of sports.
• Dominique Wilkins says that before the legendary 1988 dunk contest against Michael Jordan he didn’t even practice.
• Covering the NBA can warp your perspective of what a tall human being looks like, and then there are some guys who even NBA regulars look at and think, “damn.” Yao Ming is one of those guys. Check out the picture at this link of him standing next to NFL defensive end J.J. Watt.
• The Clippers eight-game road trip as seen through Civil War style correspondence.
• An attorney has been convicted in the murder of Eddie Curry’s ex-girlfriend and daughter.
• Donald Sloan is leaving Sioux Falls of the D-League to play in China. Why? Money.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
The Lakers will need to move Young to clear the cap space for their other moves.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Dallas doesn’t have much to offer.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Dan Gilbert is not afraid to write checks.
Jul 5, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
The Lakers added the 2015 Sixth Man of the Year.
Jul 5, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
The Hawks signed Millsap to a max deal earlier this week.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Stuckey had a standout year for Indiana last season.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Ginobili has yet to announce his future plans.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
LeBron is going to win, Tristan Thompson is going to get his money.
Jul 5, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Another guy who took less money to avoid playing in Sacramento.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
L.A. is all kinds of desperate now that DeAndre Jordan has bolted for the Mavericks.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
How will Blazers fans react when Aldridge returns?
Jul 5, 2015, 3:12 AM EDT
Quality pickup by the Kings.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:14 AM EDT
Phil Jackson gets a gold star for this move.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
McRae was the 58th overall pick in the 2014 draft, and is a member of Philadelphia’s Summer League squad.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Nice addition by Orlando.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
He would have to take a paycut, but Dallas needs help at the point.
Jul 4, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The Spurs are going to just keep going on, being the San Antonio Spurs
Jul 4, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
Jul 4, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Bargain for Toronto — as long as the Raptors aren’t expecting any offense.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The LaMarcus Aldridge Effect
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58