Feb 13, 2013, 4:57 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Bobby Flay loves chipotle.
• Knicks coach Mike Woodson was on ESPN radio in New York that the Knicks would not be trading Iman Shumpert. Now, Woodson doesn’t get to make that call, but I think it’s a sign he is on the part of the Knicks front office that doesn’t want to see Shumpert moved. Most likely he will not be, unless the deal is too good to pass up.
• One guy who is ending up in more and more trade scuttlebutt is Brandon Jennings. He switched agents to a guy known for getting his clients into big markets and Jennings is a restricted free agent this summer — you can see the big poison pill free agent offer coming, and so can the Bucks. So they may have no choice but to move him now and get something in return.
• If you read one thing today, it should be the fantastic piece by former 76ers beat writer and current ESPN employee Kate Fagen about the sexism in the culture of sports.
• Dominique Wilkins says that before the legendary 1988 dunk contest against Michael Jordan he didn’t even practice.
• Covering the NBA can warp your perspective of what a tall human being looks like, and then there are some guys who even NBA regulars look at and think, “damn.” Yao Ming is one of those guys. Check out the picture at this link of him standing next to NFL defensive end J.J. Watt.
• The Clippers eight-game road trip as seen through Civil War style correspondence.
• An attorney has been convicted in the murder of Eddie Curry’s ex-girlfriend and daughter.
• Donald Sloan is leaving Sioux Falls of the D-League to play in China. Why? Money.
Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant?
Jan 27, 2015, 2:02 AM EST
Jamal Crawford had a monster night, too.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:36 AM EST
This was not pretty.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:00 AM EST
Galloway has played well through two 10-day contracts.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
The Pelicans blew out the Sixers.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Jan 26, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
The Nets have lost eight of their last 10.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
They will wear them on February 20.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:11 PM EST
Durant suffered the injury on Sunday in Cleveland.
Jan 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
Will Steve Kerr start Klay Thompson or James Harden?
Jan 26, 2015, 6:43 PM EST
Did you really think Kobe Bryant was going to leave the game on anything but his own terms?
Jan 26, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
He likely returns in the middle of March.
Jan 26, 2015, 5:32 PM EST
Of course, Nick Young’s answer to all problems is more Nick Young.
Jan 26, 2015, 4:29 PM EST
And Russell Westbrook at center
Jan 26, 2015, 3:37 PM EST
He should be back for the start of next season.
Report: Kemba Walker could miss six weeks, Hornets teammates Marvin Williams and Bismack Biyombo also injured
Jan 26, 2015, 3:22 PM EST
Charlotte’s playoff odds just got much longer
Jan 26, 2015, 2:38 PM EST
It’s Hawks and Warriors and everyone else. Just as its been for a while now.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:04 PM EST
After Washington pushed out Jordan, Kobe re-signed with Lakers
Jan 26, 2015, 1:28 PM EST
Portland must return to East Coast for single game
Jan 26, 2015, 11:47 AM EST
Lakers coach asked Young about his defense. ‘The answer he gave me, I couldn’t figure it out.’
Jan 26, 2015, 11:44 AM EST
Gasols, Pau of the Bulls and Marc of the Grizzlies, become first brothers to start an NBA All-Star game
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3