Feb 13, 2013, 4:57 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Bobby Flay loves chipotle.
• Knicks coach Mike Woodson was on ESPN radio in New York that the Knicks would not be trading Iman Shumpert. Now, Woodson doesn’t get to make that call, but I think it’s a sign he is on the part of the Knicks front office that doesn’t want to see Shumpert moved. Most likely he will not be, unless the deal is too good to pass up.
• One guy who is ending up in more and more trade scuttlebutt is Brandon Jennings. He switched agents to a guy known for getting his clients into big markets and Jennings is a restricted free agent this summer — you can see the big poison pill free agent offer coming, and so can the Bucks. So they may have no choice but to move him now and get something in return.
• If you read one thing today, it should be the fantastic piece by former 76ers beat writer and current ESPN employee Kate Fagen about the sexism in the culture of sports.
• Dominique Wilkins says that before the legendary 1988 dunk contest against Michael Jordan he didn’t even practice.
• Covering the NBA can warp your perspective of what a tall human being looks like, and then there are some guys who even NBA regulars look at and think, “damn.” Yao Ming is one of those guys. Check out the picture at this link of him standing next to NFL defensive end J.J. Watt.
• The Clippers eight-game road trip as seen through Civil War style correspondence.
• An attorney has been convicted in the murder of Eddie Curry’s ex-girlfriend and daughter.
• Donald Sloan is leaving Sioux Falls of the D-League to play in China. Why? Money.
Dec 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
He was an offensive force Saturday. Who knew?
Dec 28, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
The Magic still won the game.
Dec 27, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Just like Lance… and you really shouldn’t imitate Lance.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
He’s done it twice in the last two games.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
A sports hernia kept him out of training camp and the rookie has never caught up with the learning curve.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Stephenson has missed the last four games.
Dec 27, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Will the Lakers’ offense resort to stagnation?
Dec 27, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Anthony Davis has arrived.
Dec 27, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Stuckey says the trade robbed the locker room of accountability.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
LeBron James was in “chill mode” and this team is vulnerable when he is.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Hamstrings are tricky things.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
This option was always on the table for him, people around the NBA just never thought he’d choose it.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
He won’t be available until February or March, the Heat may not want to wait that long.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Lob City comes to Sacramento.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
Moses Malone is up next.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Should have had a three-point opportunity, too.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
He isn’t human.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Hopefully there are more of these and fewer threes.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Not good news for the Cavs’ frontcourt depth.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
His body is still sore.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8