Feb 13, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
Rudy Gay has knocked down the game winner for Toronto for the second time since he moved there. Think they like that trade north of the border?
In both cases, Gay was able to use some hard dribbles to the basket then pull up and get a really clean look — this time against a solid defender in Corey Brewer. The result was a 109-108 Toronto win at home over Denver. At some point soon teams are going to start doubling Gay in these situations, or trying to take the ball out of his hands completely.
The Nuggets had time for one last shot but after a pretty much botched hand-off screen and so it was Ty Lawson trying to create on the drive against the longer Gay and the contest on that shot made it nearly impossible. Gay had 17 points on the night but he won the Raptors that game down the stretch.
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 1
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 79
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11