Feb 13, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
James Harden said he wants to play Wednesday night, because when doesn’t a real competitor want to play?
But with him already playing through a bruised left knee then tweaking his ankle in the third quarter on Tuesday night, Harden is not going to suit up for the Rockets against the Clippers on Wednesday, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
However, Harden will still be involved All-Star weekend in Houston and will play in that game Sunday in front of the hometown fans. You didn’t really think he would miss that, did you?
Harden injured his ankle when he stepped on David Lee’s foot accidentally in the third quarter. Harden did return and play through it (after it was re-taped) but there was reportedly swelling after the game.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42