Feb 13, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
James Harden said he wants to play Wednesday night, because when doesn’t a real competitor want to play?
But with him already playing through a bruised left knee then tweaking his ankle in the third quarter on Tuesday night, Harden is not going to suit up for the Rockets against the Clippers on Wednesday, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
However, Harden will still be involved All-Star weekend in Houston and will play in that game Sunday in front of the hometown fans. You didn’t really think he would miss that, did you?
Harden injured his ankle when he stepped on David Lee’s foot accidentally in the third quarter. Harden did return and play through it (after it was re-taped) but there was reportedly swelling after the game.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2