Feb 13, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
James Harden said he wants to play Wednesday night, because when doesn’t a real competitor want to play?
But with him already playing through a bruised left knee then tweaking his ankle in the third quarter on Tuesday night, Harden is not going to suit up for the Rockets against the Clippers on Wednesday, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
However, Harden will still be involved All-Star weekend in Houston and will play in that game Sunday in front of the hometown fans. You didn’t really think he would miss that, did you?
Harden injured his ankle when he stepped on David Lee’s foot accidentally in the third quarter. Harden did return and play through it (after it was re-taped) but there was reportedly swelling after the game.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16