Feb 13, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
James Harden said he wants to play Wednesday night, because when doesn’t a real competitor want to play?
But with him already playing through a bruised left knee then tweaking his ankle in the third quarter on Tuesday night, Harden is not going to suit up for the Rockets against the Clippers on Wednesday, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
However, Harden will still be involved All-Star weekend in Houston and will play in that game Sunday in front of the hometown fans. You didn’t really think he would miss that, did you?
Harden injured his ankle when he stepped on David Lee’s foot accidentally in the third quarter. Harden did return and play through it (after it was re-taped) but there was reportedly swelling after the game.
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 1
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 10
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 26
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 56
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 36
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (45)