Feb 13, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
James Harden said he wants to play Wednesday night, because when doesn’t a real competitor want to play?
But with him already playing through a bruised left knee then tweaking his ankle in the third quarter on Tuesday night, Harden is not going to suit up for the Rockets against the Clippers on Wednesday, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
However, Harden will still be involved All-Star weekend in Houston and will play in that game Sunday in front of the hometown fans. You didn’t really think he would miss that, did you?
Harden injured his ankle when he stepped on David Lee’s foot accidentally in the third quarter. Harden did return and play through it (after it was re-taped) but there was reportedly swelling after the game.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'