Feb 13, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Okay Celtics fans, you want the good news first or the bad?
Good, you got it — Rajon Rondo had successful surgery on his knee on Tuesday.
Of course, you pretty much never hear a team describe these surgeries any other way — how many successful surgeries has Greg Oden had? — but still this is a good sign brought to us by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, via twitter.
Ainge remains optimistic Rondo will be back by the start of next season. The surgery going well is part of that.
Now, the bad news — it’s going to be a lot longer than that before you see Leandro Barbosa back on an NBA court.
Neither of these guards will be back this season, which has Danny Ainge looking at potential trades and maybe a free agent pickup like Shelvin Mack to give them some depth at the point.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19