Feb 13, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Okay Celtics fans, you want the good news first or the bad?
Good, you got it — Rajon Rondo had successful surgery on his knee on Tuesday.
Of course, you pretty much never hear a team describe these surgeries any other way — how many successful surgeries has Greg Oden had? — but still this is a good sign brought to us by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, via twitter.
Ainge remains optimistic Rondo will be back by the start of next season. The surgery going well is part of that.
Now, the bad news — it’s going to be a lot longer than that before you see Leandro Barbosa back on an NBA court.
Neither of these guards will be back this season, which has Danny Ainge looking at potential trades and maybe a free agent pickup like Shelvin Mack to give them some depth at the point.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 14