Feb 13, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Okay Celtics fans, you want the good news first or the bad?
Good, you got it — Rajon Rondo had successful surgery on his knee on Tuesday.
Of course, you pretty much never hear a team describe these surgeries any other way — how many successful surgeries has Greg Oden had? — but still this is a good sign brought to us by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, via twitter.
Ainge remains optimistic Rondo will be back by the start of next season. The surgery going well is part of that.
Now, the bad news — it’s going to be a lot longer than that before you see Leandro Barbosa back on an NBA court.
Neither of these guards will be back this season, which has Danny Ainge looking at potential trades and maybe a free agent pickup like Shelvin Mack to give them some depth at the point.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13