Feb 13, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Okay Celtics fans, you want the good news first or the bad?
Good, you got it — Rajon Rondo had successful surgery on his knee on Tuesday.
Of course, you pretty much never hear a team describe these surgeries any other way — how many successful surgeries has Greg Oden had? — but still this is a good sign brought to us by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, via twitter.
Ainge remains optimistic Rondo will be back by the start of next season. The surgery going well is part of that.
Now, the bad news — it’s going to be a lot longer than that before you see Leandro Barbosa back on an NBA court.
Neither of these guards will be back this season, which has Danny Ainge looking at potential trades and maybe a free agent pickup like Shelvin Mack to give them some depth at the point.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11