Feb 13, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
Okay Celtics fans, you want the good news first or the bad?
Good, you got it — Rajon Rondo had successful surgery on his knee on Tuesday.
Of course, you pretty much never hear a team describe these surgeries any other way — how many successful surgeries has Greg Oden had? — but still this is a good sign brought to us by Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe, via twitter.
Ainge remains optimistic Rondo will be back by the start of next season. The surgery going well is part of that.
Now, the bad news — it’s going to be a lot longer than that before you see Leandro Barbosa back on an NBA court.
Neither of these guards will be back this season, which has Danny Ainge looking at potential trades and maybe a free agent pickup like Shelvin Mack to give them some depth at the point.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 5
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 14
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 35
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)