Feb 13, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is as impressed as everyone else with LeBron James’ historic run — six games in a row with more than 30 points and shooting better than 70 percent overall in that stretch. It’s getting LeBron mentioned in the same breath with Jordan.
Which is jumping the gun a bit. And so is just giving LeBron the MVP award (although he is clearly separating himself from the Kevin Durant right now).
“It’s early,” said Anthony…. “It’s All-Star break right now. He’s definitely playing like a Most Valuable Player so we’ll see what happens…
“That’s crazy. What he’s doing right now is unbelievable. He’s scoring 30, 40 points on 11 shots, [shooting] 10-for-12. He’s on an incredible run right now,” Anthony said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”
It is possible LeBron is not going to win the MVP award. Not likely, but possible.
But if he doesn’t win it Durant will be the one that does. Anthony is having his best season as a pro but personally I have him behind Chris Paul as well. But the drop off after LeBron and Durant is pretty steep.
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 3
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 10
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43