Feb 13, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Carmelo Anthony is as impressed as everyone else with LeBron James’ historic run — six games in a row with more than 30 points and shooting better than 70 percent overall in that stretch. It’s getting LeBron mentioned in the same breath with Jordan.
Which is jumping the gun a bit. And so is just giving LeBron the MVP award (although he is clearly separating himself from the Kevin Durant right now).
“It’s early,” said Anthony…. “It’s All-Star break right now. He’s definitely playing like a Most Valuable Player so we’ll see what happens…
“That’s crazy. What he’s doing right now is unbelievable. He’s scoring 30, 40 points on 11 shots, [shooting] 10-for-12. He’s on an incredible run right now,” Anthony said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”
It is possible LeBron is not going to win the MVP award. Not likely, but possible.
But if he doesn’t win it Durant will be the one that does. Anthony is having his best season as a pro but personally I have him behind Chris Paul as well. But the drop off after LeBron and Durant is pretty steep.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20