Feb 13, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is as impressed as everyone else with LeBron James’ historic run — six games in a row with more than 30 points and shooting better than 70 percent overall in that stretch. It’s getting LeBron mentioned in the same breath with Jordan.
Which is jumping the gun a bit. And so is just giving LeBron the MVP award (although he is clearly separating himself from the Kevin Durant right now).
“It’s early,” said Anthony…. “It’s All-Star break right now. He’s definitely playing like a Most Valuable Player so we’ll see what happens…
“That’s crazy. What he’s doing right now is unbelievable. He’s scoring 30, 40 points on 11 shots, [shooting] 10-for-12. He’s on an incredible run right now,” Anthony said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”
It is possible LeBron is not going to win the MVP award. Not likely, but possible.
But if he doesn’t win it Durant will be the one that does. Anthony is having his best season as a pro but personally I have him behind Chris Paul as well. But the drop off after LeBron and Durant is pretty steep.
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 0
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 42
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 64
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26