Feb 13, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is as impressed as everyone else with LeBron James’ historic run — six games in a row with more than 30 points and shooting better than 70 percent overall in that stretch. It’s getting LeBron mentioned in the same breath with Jordan.
Which is jumping the gun a bit. And so is just giving LeBron the MVP award (although he is clearly separating himself from the Kevin Durant right now).
“It’s early,” said Anthony…. “It’s All-Star break right now. He’s definitely playing like a Most Valuable Player so we’ll see what happens…
“That’s crazy. What he’s doing right now is unbelievable. He’s scoring 30, 40 points on 11 shots, [shooting] 10-for-12. He’s on an incredible run right now,” Anthony said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”
It is possible LeBron is not going to win the MVP award. Not likely, but possible.
But if he doesn’t win it Durant will be the one that does. Anthony is having his best season as a pro but personally I have him behind Chris Paul as well. But the drop off after LeBron and Durant is pretty steep.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 14
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8