Feb 13, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony is as impressed as everyone else with LeBron James’ historic run — six games in a row with more than 30 points and shooting better than 70 percent overall in that stretch. It’s getting LeBron mentioned in the same breath with Jordan.
Which is jumping the gun a bit. And so is just giving LeBron the MVP award (although he is clearly separating himself from the Kevin Durant right now).
“It’s early,” said Anthony…. “It’s All-Star break right now. He’s definitely playing like a Most Valuable Player so we’ll see what happens…
“That’s crazy. What he’s doing right now is unbelievable. He’s scoring 30, 40 points on 11 shots, [shooting] 10-for-12. He’s on an incredible run right now,” Anthony said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”
It is possible LeBron is not going to win the MVP award. Not likely, but possible.
But if he doesn’t win it Durant will be the one that does. Anthony is having his best season as a pro but personally I have him behind Chris Paul as well. But the drop off after LeBron and Durant is pretty steep.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8