Feb 13, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Brandon Jennings had no choice but this. If you watched what the disaster that was Dwight Howard getting out of Orlando, it had to be that even if you want to leave town you insist vehemently that you don’t.
The rumors have been out for a while now that Brandon Jennings is unhappy wants out of Milwaukee — he couldn’t come to terms with them on a contract extension last summer now he has switched agents to a guy known for wanting to get his clients into big markets (with more endorsement potential). The logic goes that Jennings is a restricted free agent next summer and some teams with a lot of cap space (hello Dallas) may make a big offer based on what Jennings could become, and the Bucks will not be able to match. So they better get something now.
First, the Bucks said that they are not going to trade him (you can believe them or not).
Second, Jennings says it’s not true. He told Chris Broussard of ESPN he has no problems with Milwaukee.
Jennings said, "That is not true'' about his supposed discontent with the Bucks organization. "That stuff never came out of my mouth.''—
Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 13, 2013
This is a case of everybody saying what they have to say.
Jennings can’t say he wants out of Milwaukee and then expect to be popular and more marketable in the future (plus he could still re-sign there). The Bucks can’t say they are looking to move him and still get value.
But both seem to be actions suggesting the days of Jennings with the Bucks are numbered, one way or another.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21