Feb 13, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Brandon Jennings had no choice but this. If you watched what the disaster that was Dwight Howard getting out of Orlando, it had to be that even if you want to leave town you insist vehemently that you don’t.
The rumors have been out for a while now that Brandon Jennings is unhappy wants out of Milwaukee — he couldn’t come to terms with them on a contract extension last summer now he has switched agents to a guy known for wanting to get his clients into big markets (with more endorsement potential). The logic goes that Jennings is a restricted free agent next summer and some teams with a lot of cap space (hello Dallas) may make a big offer based on what Jennings could become, and the Bucks will not be able to match. So they better get something now.
First, the Bucks said that they are not going to trade him (you can believe them or not).
Second, Jennings says it’s not true. He told Chris Broussard of ESPN he has no problems with Milwaukee.
This is a case of everybody saying what they have to say.
Jennings can’t say he wants out of Milwaukee and then expect to be popular and more marketable in the future (plus he could still re-sign there). The Bucks can’t say they are looking to move him and still get value.
But both seem to be actions suggesting the days of Jennings with the Bucks are numbered, one way or another.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31