Feb 12, 2013, 4:43 PM EST
Royce White’s road to the NBA has started to take hold in the NBA it appears — after working out his issues with the Rockets over how they will work with his anxiety disorder, he has reported to the D-League and gone through a couple of practices.
He told the Associated Press he is ready to get his career started with games for Rio Grand soon.
White said Tuesday that he’s been “right on the verge of coming back the whole time.” He says he’s “not really nervous,” despite more than two months away from the team.
White has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and the Rockets knew that when they drafted him. However, the process of how to deal with that became a challenge for both sides — White wanted certain protocols put into place to provide what he considers to be a safe environment for him to pursue his NBA career.
White didn’t make the process easier or endear himself to many Rockets fans by ranting on Twitter against the organization.
A deal was worked out Jan. 26. White should be playing in the D-League soon, but there is no timetable for him to be called up to the NBA.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 11
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 7
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 50
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28