Feb 12, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
Royce White’s road to the NBA has started to take hold in the NBA it appears — after working out his issues with the Rockets over how they will work with his anxiety disorder, he has reported to the D-League and gone through a couple of practices.
He told the Associated Press he is ready to get his career started with games for Rio Grand soon.
White said Tuesday that he’s been “right on the verge of coming back the whole time.” He says he’s “not really nervous,” despite more than two months away from the team.
White has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and the Rockets knew that when they drafted him. However, the process of how to deal with that became a challenge for both sides — White wanted certain protocols put into place to provide what he considers to be a safe environment for him to pursue his NBA career.
White didn’t make the process easier or endear himself to many Rockets fans by ranting on Twitter against the organization.
A deal was worked out Jan. 26. White should be playing in the D-League soon, but there is no timetable for him to be called up to the NBA.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37