Feb 12, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
Royce White’s road to the NBA has started to take hold in the NBA it appears — after working out his issues with the Rockets over how they will work with his anxiety disorder, he has reported to the D-League and gone through a couple of practices.
He told the Associated Press he is ready to get his career started with games for Rio Grand soon.
White said Tuesday that he’s been “right on the verge of coming back the whole time.” He says he’s “not really nervous,” despite more than two months away from the team.
White has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and the Rockets knew that when they drafted him. However, the process of how to deal with that became a challenge for both sides — White wanted certain protocols put into place to provide what he considers to be a safe environment for him to pursue his NBA career.
White didn’t make the process easier or endear himself to many Rockets fans by ranting on Twitter against the organization.
A deal was worked out Jan. 26. White should be playing in the D-League soon, but there is no timetable for him to be called up to the NBA.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29