Feb 12, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
Royce White’s road to the NBA has started to take hold in the NBA it appears — after working out his issues with the Rockets over how they will work with his anxiety disorder, he has reported to the D-League and gone through a couple of practices.
He told the Associated Press he is ready to get his career started with games for Rio Grand soon.
White said Tuesday that he’s been “right on the verge of coming back the whole time.” He says he’s “not really nervous,” despite more than two months away from the team.
White has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and the Rockets knew that when they drafted him. However, the process of how to deal with that became a challenge for both sides — White wanted certain protocols put into place to provide what he considers to be a safe environment for him to pursue his NBA career.
White didn’t make the process easier or endear himself to many Rockets fans by ranting on Twitter against the organization.
A deal was worked out Jan. 26. White should be playing in the D-League soon, but there is no timetable for him to be called up to the NBA.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48