Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
Lou Amundson has had an up-and-down few years in his “energy guy off the bench” role. He did well in Phoenix a for a couple years, had less success two seasons ago for Golden State and even less last season in Indiana.
The power forward struggled enough for the Timberwolves this season — mainly an offensive liability shooting 36.8 percent — that they cut him loose.
Now that he has cleared waivers, a few teams are desperate enough for frontcourt help they are considering bringing him in, tweets Ken Berger at CBSSports.com
This has the feel of an agent or someone in the player’s camp trying to make it sound like there is a lot of interest in the player.
Amundson is a hard-working defender and is still solid on the glass, there is some value in that. However, he is a liability on the offensive end. Think about it this way: Amundson is a power forward playing on a team that has lost Kevin Love for long stretches and they cut him loose. He’s not an impact guy.
But a team likely will grab him as a body to round out the roster.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31