Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 PM EST
Lou Amundson has had an up-and-down few years in his “energy guy off the bench” role. He did well in Phoenix a for a couple years, had less success two seasons ago for Golden State and even less last season in Indiana.
The power forward struggled enough for the Timberwolves this season — mainly an offensive liability shooting 36.8 percent — that they cut him loose.
Now that he has cleared waivers, a few teams are desperate enough for frontcourt help they are considering bringing him in, tweets Ken Berger at CBSSports.com
This has the feel of an agent or someone in the player’s camp trying to make it sound like there is a lot of interest in the player.
Amundson is a hard-working defender and is still solid on the glass, there is some value in that. However, he is a liability on the offensive end. Think about it this way: Amundson is a power forward playing on a team that has lost Kevin Love for long stretches and they cut him loose. He’s not an impact guy.
But a team likely will grab him as a body to round out the roster.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 3
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39