Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
Lou Amundson has had an up-and-down few years in his “energy guy off the bench” role. He did well in Phoenix a for a couple years, had less success two seasons ago for Golden State and even less last season in Indiana.
The power forward struggled enough for the Timberwolves this season — mainly an offensive liability shooting 36.8 percent — that they cut him loose.
Now that he has cleared waivers, a few teams are desperate enough for frontcourt help they are considering bringing him in, tweets Ken Berger at CBSSports.com
This has the feel of an agent or someone in the player’s camp trying to make it sound like there is a lot of interest in the player.
Amundson is a hard-working defender and is still solid on the glass, there is some value in that. However, he is a liability on the offensive end. Think about it this way: Amundson is a power forward playing on a team that has lost Kevin Love for long stretches and they cut him loose. He’s not an impact guy.
But a team likely will grab him as a body to round out the roster.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15