Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 PM EST
Lou Amundson has had an up-and-down few years in his “energy guy off the bench” role. He did well in Phoenix a for a couple years, had less success two seasons ago for Golden State and even less last season in Indiana.
The power forward struggled enough for the Timberwolves this season — mainly an offensive liability shooting 36.8 percent — that they cut him loose.
Now that he has cleared waivers, a few teams are desperate enough for frontcourt help they are considering bringing him in, tweets Ken Berger at CBSSports.com
This has the feel of an agent or someone in the player’s camp trying to make it sound like there is a lot of interest in the player.
Amundson is a hard-working defender and is still solid on the glass, there is some value in that. However, he is a liability on the offensive end. Think about it this way: Amundson is a power forward playing on a team that has lost Kevin Love for long stretches and they cut him loose. He’s not an impact guy.
But a team likely will grab him as a body to round out the roster.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12