Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
Lou Amundson has had an up-and-down few years in his “energy guy off the bench” role. He did well in Phoenix a for a couple years, had less success two seasons ago for Golden State and even less last season in Indiana.
The power forward struggled enough for the Timberwolves this season — mainly an offensive liability shooting 36.8 percent — that they cut him loose.
Now that he has cleared waivers, a few teams are desperate enough for frontcourt help they are considering bringing him in, tweets Ken Berger at CBSSports.com
This has the feel of an agent or someone in the player’s camp trying to make it sound like there is a lot of interest in the player.
Amundson is a hard-working defender and is still solid on the glass, there is some value in that. However, he is a liability on the offensive end. Think about it this way: Amundson is a power forward playing on a team that has lost Kevin Love for long stretches and they cut him loose. He’s not an impact guy.
But a team likely will grab him as a body to round out the roster.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32