Feb 12, 2013, 1:57 PM EDT
There were plenty of great Clippers highlights from their destruction of the Sixers on Monday, and this one’s great in its own way — it just didn’t happen to result in two points.
It’s a little unfair to say DeAndre Jordan “airballed” this alley-oop attempt, even though technically that’s exactly what happened. He underestimated his leaping ability just a bit, and was simply to far from the rim to get this particular throwdown to go — although it sure looked that way to long-time Clippers play-by-play man Ralph Lawler, who believed Jordan actually converted this one at first glance.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 0
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 71
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8