Feb 12, 2013, 8:49 AM EDT
If you were expecting to see Andrew Bynum on the court for Philadelphia in February, you may want to readjust your timetables.
Bynum is running, cutting, moving laterally and taking shots from all over the floor he said. All good signs. Except he has had to slow those workouts because he said he felt pain in his left knee. There was no swelling, but everyone is being cautious, including Bynum, reports John Finger at CSNPhilly.com.
“I worked out for two days on the court and I had a lot of pain, so I backed off a little bit today,” Bynum explained. “I’ll be back on the court tomorrow and we’ll progress from there….
“I’m not sure,” Bynum said when asked if he was going to play in a game by the end of February. “We’ll have to see if I had a setback or not. Right now, things are going well. I’m losing weight and staying on the court for as long as I can, so that’s good.”
I wouldn’t bet on a February return. Even if this is not a setback the fact is it’s the middle of the month and Bynum has done nothing but individual drills. There has been no contact yet. No five-on-5 drills… heck, no 2-on-2 drills.
With the cautious pace being used in his recovery and Bynum’s paper mache knees, it’s hard to see him back in the next couple weeks to make the end of this month.
So adjust those schedules. I’d tell you when to expect his return but even Bynum doesn’t know.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20