Feb 12, 2013, 8:49 AM EDT
If you were expecting to see Andrew Bynum on the court for Philadelphia in February, you may want to readjust your timetables.
Bynum is running, cutting, moving laterally and taking shots from all over the floor he said. All good signs. Except he has had to slow those workouts because he said he felt pain in his left knee. There was no swelling, but everyone is being cautious, including Bynum, reports John Finger at CSNPhilly.com.
“I worked out for two days on the court and I had a lot of pain, so I backed off a little bit today,” Bynum explained. “I’ll be back on the court tomorrow and we’ll progress from there….
“I’m not sure,” Bynum said when asked if he was going to play in a game by the end of February. “We’ll have to see if I had a setback or not. Right now, things are going well. I’m losing weight and staying on the court for as long as I can, so that’s good.”
I wouldn’t bet on a February return. Even if this is not a setback the fact is it’s the middle of the month and Bynum has done nothing but individual drills. There has been no contact yet. No five-on-5 drills… heck, no 2-on-2 drills.
With the cautious pace being used in his recovery and Bynum’s paper mache knees, it’s hard to see him back in the next couple weeks to make the end of this month.
So adjust those schedules. I’d tell you when to expect his return but even Bynum doesn’t know.
- Reports: Carmelo Anthony unsure on Knicks, can’t get the Bulls out of his head 35
- Phil Jackson says he has not heard from Carmelo, has tried to recruit Gasol 33
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 19
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 80
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 46
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 43
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 86
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 42