Feb 11, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Joakim Noah earned his way into the All-Star Game — he’s scoring 11.2 points and grabbing 11.9 rebounds a game, but it’s really his role as high-energy anchor of the Bulls defense that got him a spot on the roster.
But Noah has missed three games recently as he battles through plantar fasciitis in his right foot — pain in the membrane along the bottom of the foot that makes it painful to run and jump. Which kind of matter in basketball.
The only real cure for plantar fasciitis is rest, time off the foot. So what about Noah sitting out his first All-Star game?
He doesn’t like the idea but it could happen he said, as reported by Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
“It’s pretty important. It’s not that important, but it’s something that I want to do. But I also have to do what’s right for the team. There’s obviously a bigger picture than playing in the All-Star Game,” he explained. “You’ve just got to live in the moment. That’s not really what I’m thinking about. I’m more worried about the next game, San Antonio. It’s pretty important, so just take it one game at a time and when it comes, we’ll see.”
Last year Loul Deng played a limited roll as an All-Star for the East due to injury. Of course, Tom Thibodeau was the coach then so he had a real interest in looking out for his player. Not that Erik Spoelstra wouldn’t, but it’s not the same.
Just something to watch. Noah is expected to play Monday night for the Bulls vs. the Spurs. But if Noah is experiencing pain, there could be a quick change coming for the East All-Star Roster.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 5
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11