Feb 11, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Joakim Noah earned his way into the All-Star Game — he’s scoring 11.2 points and grabbing 11.9 rebounds a game, but it’s really his role as high-energy anchor of the Bulls defense that got him a spot on the roster.
But Noah has missed three games recently as he battles through plantar fasciitis in his right foot — pain in the membrane along the bottom of the foot that makes it painful to run and jump. Which kind of matter in basketball.
The only real cure for plantar fasciitis is rest, time off the foot. So what about Noah sitting out his first All-Star game?
He doesn’t like the idea but it could happen he said, as reported by Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
“It’s pretty important. It’s not that important, but it’s something that I want to do. But I also have to do what’s right for the team. There’s obviously a bigger picture than playing in the All-Star Game,” he explained. “You’ve just got to live in the moment. That’s not really what I’m thinking about. I’m more worried about the next game, San Antonio. It’s pretty important, so just take it one game at a time and when it comes, we’ll see.”
Last year Loul Deng played a limited roll as an All-Star for the East due to injury. Of course, Tom Thibodeau was the coach then so he had a real interest in looking out for his player. Not that Erik Spoelstra wouldn’t, but it’s not the same.
Just something to watch. Noah is expected to play Monday night for the Bulls vs. the Spurs. But if Noah is experiencing pain, there could be a quick change coming for the East All-Star Roster.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 0
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10