Mike Bibby ejected from son’s game for arguing with officials

Feb 11, 2013, 5:21 PM EST

Mike Bibby, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams AP

Maybe you’ve been saying, “I wonder what happened to Mike Bibby?” If you have that question may raise bigger issues about what you do and should spend your free time thinking about, but maybe you did ask that.

We have your answer — getting ejected from his son’s high-school basketball games.

Bibby (the Arizona Wildcat legend) is out of the NBA and back living in Arizona (in Phoenix, closer to ASU), where he is apparently a regular watching his son play high school ball. He was at a game this weekend and the elder Bibby couldn’t stop arguing with the referees, got ejected then escorted out by police.

We have the video evidence.

By the way, if you are about to write in the comments “He can still play, why doesn’t Team X pick up Bibby?” I suggest you go back and watch film from his last three years in the league. Then rethink your position.

Hat tips to The Big Lead and Cowbell Kingdom for posting this.

1. philly4lyfe - Feb 11, 2013 at 6:12 PM

this is a good example of what can happen when keepin it real goes wrong.

2. dondada10 - Feb 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Some thin-skinned ref couldn’t take being corrected and tossed Bibby. I’m a high school basketball coach and trust me, there’s some guys out there who literally don’t know the rules.

• hardballtalkusername - Feb 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM

And you know this how? The opposite could be said, although it would still be without any evidence or merit, that Bibby is full of himself and thinks his son can do no wrong. Again I am not saying thats true because I have no clue. Sure refs suck sometimes but we have no idea of the circumstances that led to his ejection.

• skids003 - Feb 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM

In my experiance, there’s a hell of alot more coaches and fans that don’t know the rules than there are referees like that. Bet you are one of them.

• broncobeta - Feb 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM

In my experience, spelling is a high indication of IQ. Especially when it comes to simple words. I bet you write definately too.

• dondada10 - Feb 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Skids, you jerkoff, you have no idea who I am or where I’ve coached. Go back to being an internet gangster in mom’s basement.

• mazblast - Feb 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM

There are also a ton of coaches and parents who don’t know the rules. I’ll bet Bibby is one of those parents, particularly since he always struck me as whiny, constantly complaining, and overrated during his playing days. People would always say he was so good, and I’d always reply, “OK, but what exactly does he DO?”

3. someidiotfromouthereintheprojects - Feb 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM

this was informative and it answered all of my mike bibby questions that have been building up over the days.

4. fanofevilempire - Feb 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM

thanks for the final score in the game and for Bibby Juniors stats.

5. romoscollarbone - Feb 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Mike Bibby has a HS aged son. Wow I’m officially old.

6. badintent - Feb 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Stu Jackson got stuck with this loser after Steve Francias told Stu to drop dead.And of course ,Stu drafted him anyway.The idiot of idiots. And he passed on Vince Carter and Lamar Odem too.bibby \s dad was the real deal.

7. nathanbetz91 - Feb 12, 2013 at 2:57 AM

How old was he when he had that kid?

8. phillyphannn83 - Feb 12, 2013 at 3:59 AM

He can still play, why doesn’t Team X pick up Bibby?

9. kavika6 - Feb 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM

See what happens when you play with labron.

10. eugenesaxe - Feb 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM

People have been asking about Mike Bibby? In God’s name, why?

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches