Feb 11, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Rapper Lil Wayne hasn’t given up on the Lakers (which may be more than we can say for Dwight Howard, but that’s another post).
Wayne wasn’t at the Grammys Sunday, he was in Miami for the start of the Lakers game against the Heat Sunday. But he wasn’t there at the end of the game. He tweeted this.
Of course, you know it’s not that simple, right?
The USA Today decided to do a little extra research and the story from people around Wane was a little more complicated.
But Heat spokeswoman Lorrie-Ann Diaz told USA TODAY Sports in an e-mail that Lil Wayne was not kicked out but instead chose to leave.
Sure. He just chose to leave of his own accord. I’m not buying that either. You know there’s a middle ground and the USA Today found it.
“Random guy yelled at Lil Wayne at #MiamiHEAT game. Weezy looked back, gave him a mean stare & gestured he had a gun,” tweeted Danny Vega, who said he was at the game and sitting near Lil Wayne. “Weezy just got into argument with security at the #MiamiHEAT game. He got kicked out for gun gesture.”
You can see the gun suggestion happening, then Heat security “suggesting” Wayne leave before things escalated and there you go.
At least Wayne had a ticket to the game. He’s starting to figure out how to attend an NBA game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 4
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 27
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 23
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10