Feb 11, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Rapper Lil Wayne hasn’t given up on the Lakers (which may be more than we can say for Dwight Howard, but that’s another post).
Wayne wasn’t at the Grammys Sunday, he was in Miami for the start of the Lakers game against the Heat Sunday. But he wasn’t there at the end of the game. He tweeted this.
So I'm @ da Heat game right, rootin 4 da Lakers kuz dats my team & would u believe they got police 2 make me leave?! Wow! F#€k da Heat—
Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) February 10, 2013
Of course, you know it’s not that simple, right?
The USA Today decided to do a little extra research and the story from people around Wane was a little more complicated.
But Heat spokeswoman Lorrie-Ann Diaz told USA TODAY Sports in an e-mail that Lil Wayne was not kicked out but instead chose to leave.
Sure. He just chose to leave of his own accord. I’m not buying that either. You know there’s a middle ground and the USA Today found it.
“Random guy yelled at Lil Wayne at #MiamiHEAT game. Weezy looked back, gave him a mean stare & gestured he had a gun,” tweeted Danny Vega, who said he was at the game and sitting near Lil Wayne. “Weezy just got into argument with security at the #MiamiHEAT game. He got kicked out for gun gesture.”
You can see the gun suggestion happening, then Heat security “suggesting” Wayne leave before things escalated and there you go.
At least Wayne had a ticket to the game. He’s starting to figure out how to attend an NBA game.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record