Feb 11, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Rapper Lil Wayne hasn’t given up on the Lakers (which may be more than we can say for Dwight Howard, but that’s another post).
Wayne wasn’t at the Grammys Sunday, he was in Miami for the start of the Lakers game against the Heat Sunday. But he wasn’t there at the end of the game. He tweeted this.
So I'm @ da Heat game right, rootin 4 da Lakers kuz dats my team & would u believe they got police 2 make me leave?! Wow! F#€k da Heat—
Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) February 10, 2013
Of course, you know it’s not that simple, right?
The USA Today decided to do a little extra research and the story from people around Wane was a little more complicated.
But Heat spokeswoman Lorrie-Ann Diaz told USA TODAY Sports in an e-mail that Lil Wayne was not kicked out but instead chose to leave.
Sure. He just chose to leave of his own accord. I’m not buying that either. You know there’s a middle ground and the USA Today found it.
“Random guy yelled at Lil Wayne at #MiamiHEAT game. Weezy looked back, gave him a mean stare & gestured he had a gun,” tweeted Danny Vega, who said he was at the game and sitting near Lil Wayne. “Weezy just got into argument with security at the #MiamiHEAT game. He got kicked out for gun gesture.”
You can see the gun suggestion happening, then Heat security “suggesting” Wayne leave before things escalated and there you go.
At least Wayne had a ticket to the game. He’s starting to figure out how to attend an NBA game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 25
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19