Feb 11, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
Charles Barkley says a lot of things that make you think “there’s Barkley being Barkley” but I liked his answer today when asked by Dan Patrick if having Jay-Z as a minority owner of the Nets is really a draw to the team.
No. The most important thing a free agent wants is money. Second, is money. Then we start to get into issues like the market (New York is a draw), the playing situation (teammates and depth at his position) and after that come issues like weather and whatever else. Jay-Z is probably after weather. It’s cool, but it’s not a big deciding factor.
Barkley also talked about who he thinks are title contenders. I think he sleeps on the Clippers and Pacers, personally.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 7
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 28
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 52
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13