Feb 11, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
Charles Barkley says a lot of things that make you think “there’s Barkley being Barkley” but I liked his answer today when asked by Dan Patrick if having Jay-Z as a minority owner of the Nets is really a draw to the team.
No. The most important thing a free agent wants is money. Second, is money. Then we start to get into issues like the market (New York is a draw), the playing situation (teammates and depth at his position) and after that come issues like weather and whatever else. Jay-Z is probably after weather. It’s cool, but it’s not a big deciding factor.
Barkley also talked about who he thinks are title contenders. I think he sleeps on the Clippers and Pacers, personally.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)