Feb 11, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
Charles Barkley says a lot of things that make you think “there’s Barkley being Barkley” but I liked his answer today when asked by Dan Patrick if having Jay-Z as a minority owner of the Nets is really a draw to the team.
No. The most important thing a free agent wants is money. Second, is money. Then we start to get into issues like the market (New York is a draw), the playing situation (teammates and depth at his position) and after that come issues like weather and whatever else. Jay-Z is probably after weather. It’s cool, but it’s not a big deciding factor.
Barkley also talked about who he thinks are title contenders. I think he sleeps on the Clippers and Pacers, personally.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 17
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 29
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23