Feb 11, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
Charles Barkley says a lot of things that make you think “there’s Barkley being Barkley” but I liked his answer today when asked by Dan Patrick if having Jay-Z as a minority owner of the Nets is really a draw to the team.
No. The most important thing a free agent wants is money. Second, is money. Then we start to get into issues like the market (New York is a draw), the playing situation (teammates and depth at his position) and after that come issues like weather and whatever else. Jay-Z is probably after weather. It’s cool, but it’s not a big deciding factor.
Barkley also talked about who he thinks are title contenders. I think he sleeps on the Clippers and Pacers, personally.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9