Feb 11, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
You see this a few times every season — a banged up player taking a couple games off before the All-Star Game to get an extended break and get healthy for the stretch run.
To that end, the Nets have announced Deron Williams will miss the team’s two games this week — against the Pacers and Nuggets — to help rest inflammation in his ankles. He’s expected to return after the All-Star break. Basically, he gets 8 days off between games to get healthy.
Brooklyn will miss him this week, however, facing two good teams playing well lately. We can certainly discuss how Williams has not been as explosive or impactful for the Nets as he was for the Jazz, but he’s still giving them 16.7 points and 7.8 assists per game. It’s a drop off on the roster after that.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1