Feb 11, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
You see this a few times every season — a banged up player taking a couple games off before the All-Star Game to get an extended break and get healthy for the stretch run.
To that end, the Nets have announced Deron Williams will miss the team’s two games this week — against the Pacers and Nuggets — to help rest inflammation in his ankles. He’s expected to return after the All-Star break. Basically, he gets 8 days off between games to get healthy.
Brooklyn will miss him this week, however, facing two good teams playing well lately. We can certainly discuss how Williams has not been as explosive or impactful for the Nets as he was for the Jazz, but he’s still giving them 16.7 points and 7.8 assists per game. It’s a drop off on the roster after that.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 3
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38