Feb 11, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
You see this a few times every season — a banged up player taking a couple games off before the All-Star Game to get an extended break and get healthy for the stretch run.
To that end, the Nets have announced Deron Williams will miss the team’s two games this week — against the Pacers and Nuggets — to help rest inflammation in his ankles. He’s expected to return after the All-Star break. Basically, he gets 8 days off between games to get healthy.
Brooklyn will miss him this week, however, facing two good teams playing well lately. We can certainly discuss how Williams has not been as explosive or impactful for the Nets as he was for the Jazz, but he’s still giving them 16.7 points and 7.8 assists per game. It’s a drop off on the roster after that.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 10
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 19
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 11
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 11
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 19