Feb 11, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
You see this a few times every season — a banged up player taking a couple games off before the All-Star Game to get an extended break and get healthy for the stretch run.
To that end, the Nets have announced Deron Williams will miss the team’s two games this week — against the Pacers and Nuggets — to help rest inflammation in his ankles. He’s expected to return after the All-Star break. Basically, he gets 8 days off between games to get healthy.
Brooklyn will miss him this week, however, facing two good teams playing well lately. We can certainly discuss how Williams has not been as explosive or impactful for the Nets as he was for the Jazz, but he’s still giving them 16.7 points and 7.8 assists per game. It’s a drop off on the roster after that.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15