Feb 10, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
The Lakers hung around with the Miami Heat for three-and-a-half quarters, but when the game got really tight late Miami could make plays like this and the Lakers had no answer.
Dwyane Wade made the out of bounds save off the strip of Kobe Bryant, the Heat got the ball ahead to Norris Cole and his high-top fade, and when he was on the break with LeBron James you knew the end would be a dunk.
It was with this play you had a feeling the Lakers were about to get overwhelmed. The Heat do that to a lot of teams, and plays like this part of it.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 5
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10