Feb 10, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
The Lakers hung around with the Miami Heat for three-and-a-half quarters, but when the game got really tight late Miami could make plays like this and the Lakers had no answer.
Dwyane Wade made the out of bounds save off the strip of Kobe Bryant, the Heat got the ball ahead to Norris Cole and his high-top fade, and when he was on the break with LeBron James you knew the end would be a dunk.
It was with this play you had a feeling the Lakers were about to get overwhelmed. The Heat do that to a lot of teams, and plays like this part of it.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 7
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6