Feb 10, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
It was sad to see Detroit’s Andre Drummond go down for a month with a bad back, he was one of two guys who had a chance to chasing down Damian Lillard for Rookie of the Year (Anthony Davis is the other).
Drummond was also supposed to be part of the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on All-Star Friday Night — what you and I call the rookie/sophomore game. Shaquille O’Neal selected Drummond to be part of his team.
Andrew Nicholson of the Orlando Magic will take his place, the league has announced.
If you just said “who?” then you haven’t been watching a lot of Orlando Magic basketball. Can’t say I blame you. But Nicholson has been a pleasant surprise and is one of the guys on the roster who could fill a good role for them in the future. He’s a 6’9” rookie forward out of St. Bonaventure, averaging 7.6 points and 3.5 rebounds with a PER of 15.6. He’s a good scorer in the post and was a guy our own D.J. Foster picked when he and I made our rookie/sophomore selections.
This could be a nice showcase for him. And it should give beaten down Magic fans a little hope.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 7
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 1
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9