Feb 10, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
It was sad to see Detroit’s Andre Drummond go down for a month with a bad back, he was one of two guys who had a chance to chasing down Damian Lillard for Rookie of the Year (Anthony Davis is the other).
Drummond was also supposed to be part of the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on All-Star Friday Night — what you and I call the rookie/sophomore game. Shaquille O’Neal selected Drummond to be part of his team.
Andrew Nicholson of the Orlando Magic will take his place, the league has announced.
If you just said “who?” then you haven’t been watching a lot of Orlando Magic basketball. Can’t say I blame you. But Nicholson has been a pleasant surprise and is one of the guys on the roster who could fill a good role for them in the future. He’s a 6’9” rookie forward out of St. Bonaventure, averaging 7.6 points and 3.5 rebounds with a PER of 15.6. He’s a good scorer in the post and was a guy our own D.J. Foster picked when he and I made our rookie/sophomore selections.
This could be a nice showcase for him. And it should give beaten down Magic fans a little hope.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 6
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1