Feb 10, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
It was sad to see Detroit’s Andre Drummond go down for a month with a bad back, he was one of two guys who had a chance to chasing down Damian Lillard for Rookie of the Year (Anthony Davis is the other).
Drummond was also supposed to be part of the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on All-Star Friday Night — what you and I call the rookie/sophomore game. Shaquille O’Neal selected Drummond to be part of his team.
Andrew Nicholson of the Orlando Magic will take his place, the league has announced.
If you just said “who?” then you haven’t been watching a lot of Orlando Magic basketball. Can’t say I blame you. But Nicholson has been a pleasant surprise and is one of the guys on the roster who could fill a good role for them in the future. He’s a 6’9” rookie forward out of St. Bonaventure, averaging 7.6 points and 3.5 rebounds with a PER of 15.6. He’s a good scorer in the post and was a guy our own D.J. Foster picked when he and I made our rookie/sophomore selections.
This could be a nice showcase for him. And it should give beaten down Magic fans a little hope.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 0
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 6
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7