Feb 10, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
It was a big night in Sacramento for the Kings on Saturday, though it had little to do with the game being played against the visiting Utah Jazz.
Fans in Sacramento organized a “Here We Buy” night to show support for the franchise, as the city works to keep the Kings in town after the current owners have a tentative deal in place to sell the team to a group that would relocate it to Seattle.
The Kings came through with a 120-109 victory, and it sounds as though the fans came through, as well.
But the damned crowd. 16,000 strong for a 17-win team in a seventh straight losing season with owners that just tried to sell us out after a history over the past two years of trying to sell us out. And those 16,000 people — you people — were loud. So loud. It blared through the TV. Constantly. It’s like the chants built to a crescendo. It was wild.
DeMarcus Cousins joined in on the fun late in the fourth quarter, being a part of “the wave” cheer that was going around the arena in celebration.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 68
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31