Feb 10, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
It was a big night in Sacramento for the Kings on Saturday, though it had little to do with the game being played against the visiting Utah Jazz.
Fans in Sacramento organized a “Here We Buy” night to show support for the franchise, as the city works to keep the Kings in town after the current owners have a tentative deal in place to sell the team to a group that would relocate it to Seattle.
The Kings came through with a 120-109 victory, and it sounds as though the fans came through, as well.
But the damned crowd. 16,000 strong for a 17-win team in a seventh straight losing season with owners that just tried to sell us out after a history over the past two years of trying to sell us out. And those 16,000 people — you people — were loud. So loud. It blared through the TV. Constantly. It’s like the chants built to a crescendo. It was wild.
DeMarcus Cousins joined in on the fun late in the fourth quarter, being a part of “the wave” cheer that was going around the arena in celebration.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18