Feb 10, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
It was a big night in Sacramento for the Kings on Saturday, though it had little to do with the game being played against the visiting Utah Jazz.
Fans in Sacramento organized a “Here We Buy” night to show support for the franchise, as the city works to keep the Kings in town after the current owners have a tentative deal in place to sell the team to a group that would relocate it to Seattle.
The Kings came through with a 120-109 victory, and it sounds as though the fans came through, as well.
But the damned crowd. 16,000 strong for a 17-win team in a seventh straight losing season with owners that just tried to sell us out after a history over the past two years of trying to sell us out. And those 16,000 people — you people — were loud. So loud. It blared through the TV. Constantly. It’s like the chants built to a crescendo. It was wild.
DeMarcus Cousins joined in on the fun late in the fourth quarter, being a part of “the wave” cheer that was going around the arena in celebration.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13