Feb 10, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
It was a big night in Sacramento for the Kings on Saturday, though it had little to do with the game being played against the visiting Utah Jazz.
Fans in Sacramento organized a “Here We Buy” night to show support for the franchise, as the city works to keep the Kings in town after the current owners have a tentative deal in place to sell the team to a group that would relocate it to Seattle.
The Kings came through with a 120-109 victory, and it sounds as though the fans came through, as well.
But the damned crowd. 16,000 strong for a 17-win team in a seventh straight losing season with owners that just tried to sell us out after a history over the past two years of trying to sell us out. And those 16,000 people — you people — were loud. So loud. It blared through the TV. Constantly. It’s like the chants built to a crescendo. It was wild.
DeMarcus Cousins joined in on the fun late in the fourth quarter, being a part of “the wave” cheer that was going around the arena in celebration.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 47
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4