Feb 9, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
And maybe that still works out, we have yet to see Andrew Bynum on the court and how that impacts all things Philadelphia.
But in his third season Turner has turned out to be a nice but not franchise foundation kind of guy. Not what was hoped for with the No. 2 overall pick. He’s a good playmaker, his three point shooting is above 40 percent this season, he’s had some big games, but in general he’s solid but not spectacular.
The Sixers, sources say, are open to a shakeup as they continue to wait for the return of Andrew Bynum to give All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday some badly needed help. And I’m told Philly, as such, is shopping (or at least making calls to gauge the value of) swingman Evan Turner.
I think this is more about gauging value than it is anything else. And frankly, teams test the market value of pretty much every player but the untouchables over the course of a year.
Of course, if a deal they loved came their way they’d move, but more likely this is just some long-term thinking. You can’t judge what kind of team the Sixers will be with Bynum until they actually have Bynum playing, but it is good to know your options.
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 7
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 61
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 23
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 9
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 28
- Carmelo Anthony still not ready to decide, but he needs to soon as options dry up 46
- Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there 58
- Report: Lakers finalizing trade for Rockets’ Jeremy Lin 70