Feb 9, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Showing highlights of one of the best teams in the league putting the wood to one of the worst seems a little crass, but when we’re talking about a play like this from one of the game’s biggest stars, it simply can’t go unnoticed.
Midway through the second quarter of a game the Thunder ended up winning by 31 points, Kevin Durant brought the ball up court, and sized up his options. After Michael Beasley was neutralized by a fairly innocuous screen from Hasheem Thabeet, Durant exploded off the dribble, with only Markieff Morris standing between him and the basket.
Durant elevated over Morris, and threw down a slam from the baseline that almost didn’t even seem possible from that angle.
It’s tough to tell if it was technically a dunk, or if it was simply a throw-down resulting from being too far out but yet high enough above the rim to get it to go down. But either way, it was two points in spectacular fashion for Durant in another easy win for OKC.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final