Feb 8, 2013, 11:52 PM EDT
Rudy Gay was just 3-13 from the field and scored six total points through three quarters of the Raptors’ win over the Pacers on Friday. Indiana led 72-64 after three at home, and was poised to close it out against a Toronto team that it had simply been better than to this point in the season.
But Gay got going in the fourth, and then buried the Pacers near the end of the overtime session. He played all 17 minutes of the final two periods, and scored 17 points in that stretch to carry his new team to victory.
This jumper over (All-Star) Paul George was the shot that sealed it. He had George in isolation, and simply dribbled to his spot, rose up, and drained the shot over his defender as though he wasn’t even there.
Gay is averaging 24.7 points in four games with the Raptors, up from between 16 and 17 points per game while he was with the Grizzlies for the bulk of the first part of this season.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17