Feb 8, 2013, 11:52 PM EST
Rudy Gay was just 3-13 from the field and scored six total points through three quarters of the Raptors’ win over the Pacers on Friday. Indiana led 72-64 after three at home, and was poised to close it out against a Toronto team that it had simply been better than to this point in the season.
But Gay got going in the fourth, and then buried the Pacers near the end of the overtime session. He played all 17 minutes of the final two periods, and scored 17 points in that stretch to carry his new team to victory.
This jumper over (All-Star) Paul George was the shot that sealed it. He had George in isolation, and simply dribbled to his spot, rose up, and drained the shot over his defender as though he wasn’t even there.
Gay is averaging 24.7 points in four games with the Raptors, up from between 16 and 17 points per game while he was with the Grizzlies for the bulk of the first part of this season.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 2
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)