Feb 8, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
After a couple of trade that took a lot of salary off the Memphis books — and sent Rudy Gay north to Toronto — the Grizzlies are done with moves to reduce salary. They are not trading theier stars.
But that does not mean they are done making trades completely.
A couple of trade notes surfaced about the Grizzlies Friday. The key one is that you can put away your Zach Randolph trade rumors. From the twitter account of Ronald Tillery of the Memphis Commercial Appeal:
The Grizzlies are not done dealing, according to multiple sources — they’re just not looking to do any more stripping. The Grizzlies are far enough under the luxury tax that they’re willing to utilize at least part of their $7.5 million trade exception to add some perimeter help. Acquiring SG Courtney Lee, who Boston would consider flipping for some frontline help, was discussed but the Celtics aren’t looking just to drop salary but add size.
With the Celtics over the cap and a host of restrictions on guys that were just traded, it’s hard to see how the Celtics and Grizzlies would do a swap with a big headed back to Boston. That deal seems unlikely at best
Just know if Memphis makes any trades, they will not be big ones.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15