Feb 8, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
Before you get your hopes up Celtics fans, we’re still not talking about this season.
But the latest news coming out of the camp of Rajon Rondo is seen as a positive, and if true and the rehab goes according to planned, Boston could see its All-Star point guard return before the beginning of next season.
The agent for Rajon Rondo tells CSNNE.com that the torn ACL injury suffered by Rondo is a partial tear, opening the door for him to possibly return to the floor sooner than anticipated.
Following the injury, Rondo’s timetable to return to action was expected to be sometime before the start of next season.
“It’s still too early to tell for sure,” his agent Bill Duffy told CSNNE.com. “But we are very optimistic about his return now that we know his injury is only a partial tear and not a full tear.”
None of us are doctors here (shout out to Dwight Howard), but a partial tear sounds better than a full tear, so the optimism from Rondo’s agent is understandable.
That doesn’t mean that Boston is better without Rondo, of course, so the team will take any positive news it can get surrounding the injury, especially if it means they’ll get him back on the floor earlier than expected.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 5
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 9
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7