Feb 8, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Brooklyn Nets are looking for a way to space the floor — they take the seventh most threes in the NBA, 21.7 a game, but shoot just 34.8 percent (21st in the league). Teams clog the lane on the Nets, try to take away Brook Lopez and easy driving lanes for Deron Williams.
The Charlotte Bobcats need… what don’t they need? But sure, they could use more presence inside.
So the two are talking trade, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN.
Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly—
Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 08, 2013
The Bobcats would save a little money — Humphries makes $12 million this season and next, Gordon makes $12.4 this season and $13.2 next season.
Howard Beck of the New York Times tweeted that the Bobcats proposed this deal. Which means they like it, the question is do the Nets. Rick Bonell of the Charlotte Observer tweets that the sides have talked but nothing is close.
Humphries is averaging 6 points and 6.4 rebounds a game, his shooting percentage has fallen off to 42.4 (worst for him in five years) and he is playing a smaller role in Brooklyn. He remains better known for having been married to Kim Kardashian for 72 days than he does for his game.
Gordon is scoring 13.1 points a game and is shooting 41.7 percent from three (which is what should intrigue Brooklyn). On a Bobcats team that needs points Gordon has the green light and he’s played fairly efficiently with it despite having to take on more of the offense on him.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 29
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 31
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23