Feb 8, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Brooklyn Nets are looking for a way to space the floor — they take the seventh most threes in the NBA, 21.7 a game, but shoot just 34.8 percent (21st in the league). Teams clog the lane on the Nets, try to take away Brook Lopez and easy driving lanes for Deron Williams.
The Charlotte Bobcats need… what don’t they need? But sure, they could use more presence inside.
So the two are talking trade, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN.
Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly—
Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 08, 2013
The Bobcats would save a little money — Humphries makes $12 million this season and next, Gordon makes $12.4 this season and $13.2 next season.
Howard Beck of the New York Times tweeted that the Bobcats proposed this deal. Which means they like it, the question is do the Nets. Rick Bonell of the Charlotte Observer tweets that the sides have talked but nothing is close.
Humphries is averaging 6 points and 6.4 rebounds a game, his shooting percentage has fallen off to 42.4 (worst for him in five years) and he is playing a smaller role in Brooklyn. He remains better known for having been married to Kim Kardashian for 72 days than he does for his game.
Gordon is scoring 13.1 points a game and is shooting 41.7 percent from three (which is what should intrigue Brooklyn). On a Bobcats team that needs points Gordon has the green light and he’s played fairly efficiently with it despite having to take on more of the offense on him.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 18
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 67
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14