Feb 8, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the state of the Lakers, following Thursday night’s destruction at the hands of the Celtics.
We wonder if Dwight Howard came back too soon thanks to some encouragement from his teammates, and if the lack of energy he seems to be playing with is likely to linger as the Lakers continue to struggle to win enough games to get them into the playoff picture before the season is finished.
We then switch gears to the Denver Nuggets, and discuss their blowout win over the Bulls. Denver is 15-3 since January 1, so we try to figure out if the team has turned the corner or if the strong start to 2013 is merely a product of the schedule softening a bit after such a difficult start.
We wrap things up with a discussion of the Dunk Contest field, but not before a conversation about the state of the Bulls with Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 24
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 29
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay