Feb 8, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the state of the Lakers, following Thursday night’s destruction at the hands of the Celtics.
We wonder if Dwight Howard came back too soon thanks to some encouragement from his teammates, and if the lack of energy he seems to be playing with is likely to linger as the Lakers continue to struggle to win enough games to get them into the playoff picture before the season is finished.
We then switch gears to the Denver Nuggets, and discuss their blowout win over the Bulls. Denver is 15-3 since January 1, so we try to figure out if the team has turned the corner or if the strong start to 2013 is merely a product of the schedule softening a bit after such a difficult start.
We wrap things up with a discussion of the Dunk Contest field, but not before a conversation about the state of the Bulls with Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58