Feb 8, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the state of the Lakers, following Thursday night’s destruction at the hands of the Celtics.
We wonder if Dwight Howard came back too soon thanks to some encouragement from his teammates, and if the lack of energy he seems to be playing with is likely to linger as the Lakers continue to struggle to win enough games to get them into the playoff picture before the season is finished.
We then switch gears to the Denver Nuggets, and discuss their blowout win over the Bulls. Denver is 15-3 since January 1, so we try to figure out if the team has turned the corner or if the strong start to 2013 is merely a product of the schedule softening a bit after such a difficult start.
We wrap things up with a discussion of the Dunk Contest field, but not before a conversation about the state of the Bulls with Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 12
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36