Feb 8, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the state of the Lakers, following Thursday night’s destruction at the hands of the Celtics.
We wonder if Dwight Howard came back too soon thanks to some encouragement from his teammates, and if the lack of energy he seems to be playing with is likely to linger as the Lakers continue to struggle to win enough games to get them into the playoff picture before the season is finished.
We then switch gears to the Denver Nuggets, and discuss their blowout win over the Bulls. Denver is 15-3 since January 1, so we try to figure out if the team has turned the corner or if the strong start to 2013 is merely a product of the schedule softening a bit after such a difficult start.
We wrap things up with a discussion of the Dunk Contest field, but not before a conversation about the state of the Bulls with Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download and listen at your convenience.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 9
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 48
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43