Feb 8, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
These are the moments that make attending a professional sporting event in person so amazing.
Near the end of the first half of the contest between the Heat and the Clippers on Friday, the ball inadvertently ended up a few rows back in the stands, and in the hands of one of the fans in attendance.
LeBron James — only the best player in the game today — comes over and asks the fan for the ball back so that play can continue. Once James receives it, he takes a moment to play a little game of catch with the fan wearing the number 6 Miami Heat jersey, making the guy’s night a memorable one while getting cheers from the hometown crowd in the process.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 6
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 36
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 6