Chris Bosh and Ray Allen out Friday against Clippers, L.A. will have Paul and Billups back in the lineup
Feb 8, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
We told you this was a possibility earlier today, and now it’s official, according to multiple reports.
Both Chris Bosh and Ray Allen will miss Friday’s home game against the Clippers due to flu-like symptoms, according to multiple reports. The Heat, at the top of the Eastern Conference standings, don’t have anything to gain by playing guys through injury or illness at this stage of the season, so it makes sense to sit these guys down if they’re truly unable to go.
Dwyane Wade was said to be suffering from similar symptoms of illness, but he’s expected to play.
This doesn’t matter much to Miami, but it’s big news for the Clippers, considering they’re expecting to have their full compliment of players available for the first time this season.
— Madelyn Burke (@MadelynBurke) February 8, 2013
The Clippers need this win more than Miami does, and they need to see what they have in Billups and Paul from a health standpoint at this stage in the season.
With LeBron James and Wade playing, it should still be an exciting contest. For a Clippers team that has lost seven of its last 10 games, they don’t care who is or isn’t playing, as long as they end up with the win when the final buzzer sounds.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 20
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10