Chris Bosh and Ray Allen out Friday against Clippers, L.A. will have Paul and Billups back in the lineup
Feb 8, 2013, 6:51 PM EST
We told you this was a possibility earlier today, and now it’s official, according to multiple reports.
Both Chris Bosh and Ray Allen will miss Friday’s home game against the Clippers due to flu-like symptoms, according to multiple reports. The Heat, at the top of the Eastern Conference standings, don’t have anything to gain by playing guys through injury or illness at this stage of the season, so it makes sense to sit these guys down if they’re truly unable to go.
Dwyane Wade was said to be suffering from similar symptoms of illness, but he’s expected to play.
This doesn’t matter much to Miami, but it’s big news for the Clippers, considering they’re expecting to have their full compliment of players available for the first time this season.
— Madelyn Burke (@MadelynBurke) February 8, 2013
The Clippers need this win more than Miami does, and they need to see what they have in Billups and Paul from a health standpoint at this stage in the season.
With LeBron James and Wade playing, it should still be an exciting contest. For a Clippers team that has lost seven of its last 10 games, they don’t care who is or isn’t playing, as long as they end up with the win when the final buzzer sounds.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36