Feb 7, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
I don’t really know how good of coaches they will be, but the 2013 Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game will have better dressed coaches than the All-Star Game itself.
And if they want their teams to get out and run in transition, they should draft Usain Bolt, the gold medal winning sprinter from Jamaica. He should leak out more than Corey Brewer, like on every shot.
The 2013 Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game is part of the All-Star weekend Friday night of events, and it will be televised on ESPN.
What other celebrities are playing besides Bolt? How about reigning 2012 Sprit NBA All-Star Celebrity Game MVP Kevin Hart. Also on the list: rapper Common; R&B singer Ne-Yo (who will perform at the All-Star Game); actor Nick Cannon; actor Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games); singer and actor Trey Songz; Arne Duncan (Secretary of Education); Terrence Jenkins (“E! News); John Schriffen (ABC News Correspondent); Ryen Russillo (ESPN Host);
There also will be some NBA Legends in the game: Dikembe Mutombo, Clyde Drexler, Sean Elliott (don’t tell DeMarcus Cousins about that), and Bruce Bowen. Also playing will be WNBA stars Tamika Catchings (Indiana Fever) and Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx).
Queen Latifah and TV host Samantha Harris will be the assistant coaches. But they won’t be better dressed than the head coaches.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10