Feb 7, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
I don’t really know how good of coaches they will be, but the 2013 Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game will have better dressed coaches than the All-Star Game itself.
And if they want their teams to get out and run in transition, they should draft Usain Bolt, the gold medal winning sprinter from Jamaica. He should leak out more than Corey Brewer, like on every shot.
The 2013 Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game is part of the All-Star weekend Friday night of events, and it will be televised on ESPN.
What other celebrities are playing besides Bolt? How about reigning 2012 Sprit NBA All-Star Celebrity Game MVP Kevin Hart. Also on the list: rapper Common; R&B singer Ne-Yo (who will perform at the All-Star Game); actor Nick Cannon; actor Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games); singer and actor Trey Songz; Arne Duncan (Secretary of Education); Terrence Jenkins (“E! News); John Schriffen (ABC News Correspondent); Ryen Russillo (ESPN Host);
There also will be some NBA Legends in the game: Dikembe Mutombo, Clyde Drexler, Sean Elliott (don’t tell DeMarcus Cousins about that), and Bruce Bowen. Also playing will be WNBA stars Tamika Catchings (Indiana Fever) and Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx).
Queen Latifah and TV host Samantha Harris will be the assistant coaches. But they won’t be better dressed than the head coaches.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights