Feb 7, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
I don’t really know how good of coaches they will be, but the 2013 Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game will have better dressed coaches than the All-Star Game itself.
And if they want their teams to get out and run in transition, they should draft Usain Bolt, the gold medal winning sprinter from Jamaica. He should leak out more than Corey Brewer, like on every shot.
The 2013 Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game is part of the All-Star weekend Friday night of events, and it will be televised on ESPN.
What other celebrities are playing besides Bolt? How about reigning 2012 Sprit NBA All-Star Celebrity Game MVP Kevin Hart. Also on the list: rapper Common; R&B singer Ne-Yo (who will perform at the All-Star Game); actor Nick Cannon; actor Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games); singer and actor Trey Songz; Arne Duncan (Secretary of Education); Terrence Jenkins (“E! News); John Schriffen (ABC News Correspondent); Ryen Russillo (ESPN Host);
There also will be some NBA Legends in the game: Dikembe Mutombo, Clyde Drexler, Sean Elliott (don’t tell DeMarcus Cousins about that), and Bruce Bowen. Also playing will be WNBA stars Tamika Catchings (Indiana Fever) and Maya Moore (Minnesota Lynx).
Queen Latifah and TV host Samantha Harris will be the assistant coaches. But they won’t be better dressed than the head coaches.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 28
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55