Feb 7, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like old ladies like to complain about how loud movies are now days (written sitting at a coffee shop overhearing a conversation after “Argo”)….
Is there anything colder than tapping a guy in the nuts then saying “I didn’t even see you there?” Ouch.
• Chris Paul has a new fragrance coming out, so if you want to smell like CP3 (and who doesn’t)….
• There is a lot of buzz that the Knicks James White has been invited to the All-Star weekend Dunk Contest. If I were a betting man, I would bet that is spot on.
• The Pacers have been a defensive force this season, but will that carry over for them into the playoffs?
• After two 10-day contracts, Shelvin Mack is out in Philadelphia and Jeremy Pargo is in.
• Watch a time-lapse video of a Blake Griffin/Red Bull mural going up on a downtown Los Angeles building near Staples Center.
• Zach Lowe of Grantland is one of the best basketball writers out there and this interview with Will Leitch is a great read if you are into basketball writing. Let me echo one thing Lowe says, and consider this a lesson to young writers — write about more than just basketball (or whatever your sport of choice is). The best basketball writers are the best journalists in the field, it’s that simple.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17