Feb 7, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like old ladies like to complain about how loud movies are now days (written sitting at a coffee shop overhearing a conversation after “Argo”)….
Is there anything colder than tapping a guy in the nuts then saying “I didn’t even see you there?” Ouch.
• Chris Paul has a new fragrance coming out, so if you want to smell like CP3 (and who doesn’t)….
• There is a lot of buzz that the Knicks James White has been invited to the All-Star weekend Dunk Contest. If I were a betting man, I would bet that is spot on.
• The Pacers have been a defensive force this season, but will that carry over for them into the playoffs?
• After two 10-day contracts, Shelvin Mack is out in Philadelphia and Jeremy Pargo is in.
• Watch a time-lapse video of a Blake Griffin/Red Bull mural going up on a downtown Los Angeles building near Staples Center.
• Zach Lowe of Grantland is one of the best basketball writers out there and this interview with Will Leitch is a great read if you are into basketball writing. Let me echo one thing Lowe says, and consider this a lesson to young writers — write about more than just basketball (or whatever your sport of choice is). The best basketball writers are the best journalists in the field, it’s that simple.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 27
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 3
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 29
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10