Feb 7, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
This isn’t much different than the original estimate, but the Lakers have now made it somewhat official.
The team’s official release, in its entirety:
“Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Pau Gasol, who injured his right foot in Tuesday’s game against the Nets in Brooklyn, returned to Los Angeles from Boston this morning where he was examined by foot specialist Dr. Kenneth Jung.
“Jung’s diagnosis confirmed that Gasol has a tear of the plantar fascia in his right foot. Gasol is expected to be out a minimum of 6-8 weeks.”
The operative word there, of course, is “minimum.”
Eight weeks from today puts us at April 4, at which point the Lakers would have just seven games remaining in the regular season.
Many believe that the multiple injuries sustained by L.A. since the very beginning, ones that have legitimately impacted the team’s ability to have a chance to come together, will have contributed to the Lakers being so far out of contention by then that Gasol’s return won’t be necessary.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7