Clippers likely to get Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups back Friday

Feb 7, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT

Los Angeles Clippers v San Antonio Spurs - Game One Getty Images

How much does Chris Paul mean to the Clippers?

They have looked like a contender for much of the season with him running the show, but without him the last nine games they have gone 3-6. And it’s not like his backup stinks — a whole lot of teams are trying to trade for Eric Bledsoe.

The Clippers likely will get Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups back on Friday, reports the Los Angeles Daily News.

The Clippers could use him, they take on the Miami Heat on Friday.

What they really need, however, is CP3 playing healthy and rested and at his best in the playoffs. That’s when their “playing like a contender” status will really be put to the test. And they will need the best of Paul, then.

1. fanz928 - Feb 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Trade Chris Paul + Jordan for Chris bosh + chalmers and picks

• moseskkim - Feb 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM

i almost created another account so i can thumb down once more.

• dannymac17 - Feb 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Probably the stupidest post I have read on ProBasketballTalk.com

• chrisppers - Feb 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

he must be a Heat fan

• miamatt - Feb 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

@fanz928:

Heat fan here- I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that you are as well.

Comments like these make all of us look stupid.

I love Bosh but c’mon, CP3 is the best point guard in the game! Jordan is a very solid starting center! Chalmers and picks to make up the difference between Bosh and Chris Paul??? What picks do you think Miami has left to trade??? My god, look at it from the Clippers’ perspective before you suggest something this offensive.

• eventhorizon04 - Feb 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I’ll also add that his proposed trade leaves Miami’s front-court situation a complete cluster-f*ck.

2. fanofthegame79 - Feb 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That sounds amazing!! I’d sign off on this trade any day!

• moseskkim - Feb 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM

is that you again fanz928? thats it im making another account lol

• fanofthegame79 - Feb 8, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Nope, I’m not fanz928…but I am a Heat fan (really a LeBron fan, and that’s a conversation for another time). But of course this would be the most outrageous trade ever….BUT as a Heat (LeBron) fan, of course I would want this…..would you want this for your team? lol

• fanofthegame79 - Feb 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM

But what I will say is this: a trade I would pull off if I were an GM is Bosh for Dwight Howard. Now before you kill me for that thought, hear me out. The Lakers (with a healthy Gasol) would have loved a Bosh (a stretch power forward that can shoot all the way out from the 3-point line) and he would fit perfectly with that lineup and coaching style. On the flip side, the Heat would do great with Howard. Howard would be on a team that is less abrasive (read: Kobe calling out Dwight) and Howard and LeBron seem to have a pretty good relationship. The Heat are missing a center who can provide interior defense and rebounding…and I bet Howard would love to catch lobs from Wade or LeBron.

3. badintent - Feb 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Great time for Clippers to get back the brain trust duo. With the Kobe/Howard drama show on the other channel, it’s time for the Best team in LA to get back to Lob City.

4. fanz928 - Feb 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Paul is the best point but clippers have Blesoe trading for bosh a good perimeter shooter and a back up for Bledsoe will make clippers a better team

• eventhorizon04 - Feb 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

The Heat have two quality front-court players – LeBron (when he plays power forward) and Bosh. That’s it.

Your trade strengthens the Heat’s point-guard position, but the Heat have no scoring threats at the 4 or 5 position anymore aside from LeBron after that trade.

So the Heat’s problem – lack of size – gets even worse.

5. fanz928 - Feb 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Bosh is pretty weak for heat he lacks size of center and is just going to get push around with true centers like Chandler Dwight. The heats need a defensive center in the post blocking and altering shots. Why not trade bosh for a center and a needed point? Bosh averages 25 10 in Toronto he can score he’s just get that much touches in the heats lineup because of wade and lebron . If he was on another team he would average 20 10 again

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches