Feb 7, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
How much does Chris Paul mean to the Clippers?
They have looked like a contender for much of the season with him running the show, but without him the last nine games they have gone 3-6. And it’s not like his backup stinks — a whole lot of teams are trying to trade for Eric Bledsoe.
The Clippers could use him, they take on the Miami Heat on Friday.
What they really need, however, is CP3 playing healthy and rested and at his best in the playoffs. That’s when their “playing like a contender” status will really be put to the test. And they will need the best of Paul, then.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 15
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 14
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 13
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27