Feb 7, 2013, 7:42 PM EDT
The participants for the 2013 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest that will take place as the penultimate event of All-Star Saturday have been announced, and as usual, some of the league’s best shooters make up the field of six.
Curry and Novak rank second and third in the league respectively in percentage from beyond the arc, while Anderson and George rank first and ninth in attempts from downtown on the season.
Bonner shoots 42.1 percent from distance on the season, which would put him at 14th in the league in that category, if he had taken the required number of attempts to qualify for the category’s ranking (he hasn’t). He’s taken only 76 threes all year, which ranks him 151st in the league in that category — meaning, his whining got him admitted into the contest more than anything else.
Irving ranks ninth in the league, shooting 42.9 percent from three on the season.
Kevin Love won the 2012 Three-Point Contest in Orlando, but since he’s sidelined this season due to injury, a new champion of the event will be crowned in Houston on Feb. 16.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10