Feb 7, 2013, 7:42 PM EDT
The participants for the 2013 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest that will take place as the penultimate event of All-Star Saturday have been announced, and as usual, some of the league’s best shooters make up the field of six.
Curry and Novak rank second and third in the league respectively in percentage from beyond the arc, while Anderson and George rank first and ninth in attempts from downtown on the season.
Bonner shoots 42.1 percent from distance on the season, which would put him at 14th in the league in that category, if he had taken the required number of attempts to qualify for the category’s ranking (he hasn’t). He’s taken only 76 threes all year, which ranks him 151st in the league in that category — meaning, his whining got him admitted into the contest more than anything else.
Irving ranks ninth in the league, shooting 42.9 percent from three on the season.
Kevin Love won the 2012 Three-Point Contest in Orlando, but since he’s sidelined this season due to injury, a new champion of the event will be crowned in Houston on Feb. 16.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6