Feb 7, 2013, 7:42 PM EDT
The participants for the 2013 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest that will take place as the penultimate event of All-Star Saturday have been announced, and as usual, some of the league’s best shooters make up the field of six.
Curry and Novak rank second and third in the league respectively in percentage from beyond the arc, while Anderson and George rank first and ninth in attempts from downtown on the season.
Bonner shoots 42.1 percent from distance on the season, which would put him at 14th in the league in that category, if he had taken the required number of attempts to qualify for the category’s ranking (he hasn’t). He’s taken only 76 threes all year, which ranks him 151st in the league in that category — meaning, his whining got him admitted into the contest more than anything else.
Irving ranks ninth in the league, shooting 42.9 percent from three on the season.
Kevin Love won the 2012 Three-Point Contest in Orlando, but since he’s sidelined this season due to injury, a new champion of the event will be crowned in Houston on Feb. 16.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21