Feb 7, 2013, 7:42 PM EST
The participants for the 2013 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest that will take place as the penultimate event of All-Star Saturday have been announced, and as usual, some of the league’s best shooters make up the field of six.
Curry and Novak rank second and third in the league respectively in percentage from beyond the arc, while Anderson and George rank first and ninth in attempts from downtown on the season.
Bonner shoots 42.1 percent from distance on the season, which would put him at 14th in the league in that category, if he had taken the required number of attempts to qualify for the category’s ranking (he hasn’t). He’s taken only 76 threes all year, which ranks him 151st in the league in that category — meaning, his whining got him admitted into the contest more than anything else.
Irving ranks ninth in the league, shooting 42.9 percent from three on the season.
Kevin Love won the 2012 Three-Point Contest in Orlando, but since he’s sidelined this season due to injury, a new champion of the event will be crowned in Houston on Feb. 16.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1