Feb 7, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
Tony Parker will defend his title in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge during All-Star Saturday night in Houston, and he’ll have some exciting players joining him in the event.
The remainder of the field will consist of Jrue Holiday of the Philadelphia 76ers, Brandon Knight of the Detroit Pistons, Damian Lillard of the Portland Trail Blazers, Jeremy Lin of the Houston Rockets, and Jeff Teague of the Atlanta Hawks.
This is the obstacle course style event that puts some of the league’s quickest guards through the paces, with the player that gets through the course the quickest being declared the winner.
The key to this event is, quite simply, not messing up at any of the challenge’s many stops. The bounce pass through the hoop on the floor is one of the tougher parts, as is the jumper from the top of the key. If you can knock those down on the first (or even second) try and hustle through the rest of the course, you’ve got more than a legitimate shot.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18