Feb 7, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
Tony Parker will defend his title in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge during All-Star Saturday night in Houston, and he’ll have some exciting players joining him in the event.
The remainder of the field will consist of Jrue Holiday of the Philadelphia 76ers, Brandon Knight of the Detroit Pistons, Damian Lillard of the Portland Trail Blazers, Jeremy Lin of the Houston Rockets, and Jeff Teague of the Atlanta Hawks.
This is the obstacle course style event that puts some of the league’s quickest guards through the paces, with the player that gets through the course the quickest being declared the winner.
The key to this event is, quite simply, not messing up at any of the challenge’s many stops. The bounce pass through the hoop on the floor is one of the tougher parts, as is the jumper from the top of the key. If you can knock those down on the first (or even second) try and hustle through the rest of the course, you’ve got more than a legitimate shot.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30