Feb 6, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dwight Howard says that his back is still bad enough that sitting down in a chair can cause his legs to go numb. No, he didn’t push to get back to quickly from offseason surgery, what would make you say that?
• Michael Beasley admits he made mistakes when he was pulled over for speeding, driving on a suspended license and other car violations, but that the situation got blown out of proportion. This really wouldn’t be a big deal if there wasn’t a history here.
• A fantastic breakdown of how Antawn Jamison slips the high screen and how that impacts the offense.
• In case you didn’t notice, the Birdman Chris Andersen is playing pretty well in Miami.
• Here is a great story about playground legend James Board in the Washington Post.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:38 PM EDT
He will play in Game 2, which is huge for the Rockets. And fans of skipping everywhere.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
What does this mean for Carmelo Anthony?
Apr 21, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
Bulls holding news conference to announce an award
Apr 21, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
This isn’t a euphemism, he does want to spend more time with his family.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Luca Ginobili born this morning
Apr 21, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Steve Kerr next in line?
Apr 21, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Hawks point guard scored 28 points in Game 1 upset of Pacers
Al Jefferson got two shots in his injured foot, left arena in walking boot, plans to play through it
Apr 21, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Charlotte already had a slim margin for error against Miami (if that) and their star being hobbled is not helping matters.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Hopefully the refs let the Clippers and Warriors play some playoff basketball this time around. Thunder/Grizzlies Game 2 as well on Monday.
Apr 21, 2014, 3:49 AM EDT
Houston point guard to have MRI Monday
Apr 21, 2014, 2:32 AM EDT
Aldridge set a Blazers record with 46 points in a playoff game. Nene reminded everyone why he got paid big bucks a few years back — when healthy he is a beast.
Apr 21, 2014, 2:29 AM EDT
Aldridge scores 46 points, grabs 18 rebounds to lead comeback
Apr 20, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Nene gets his first start since February and the Wizards steal Game 1.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Kemba Walker made James Jones look bad.
Apr 20, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Bobcats were scrappy, but with Al Jefferson hurting Miami just had too much LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
Apr 20, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Touching moment as Gregg Popovich delivers a heartfelt message.
Apr 20, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Spurs close the game on a 19-4 run after trailing by double digits.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Statement confirms referees handled replay review correctly, but also admits that they missed the initial foul call on a critical possession.
Apr 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
If Jim Buss fails to deliver in quickly rebuilding the Lakers, he says he’ll resign.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Roy Hibbert owned up to a poor Game 1. Will he do anything about it in Game 2 is the question.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 7
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 30
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 1
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 18