Feb 6, 2013, 8:02 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dwight Howard says that his back is still bad enough that sitting down in a chair can cause his legs to go numb. No, he didn’t push to get back to quickly from offseason surgery, what would make you say that?
• Michael Beasley admits he made mistakes when he was pulled over for speeding, driving on a suspended license and other car violations, but that the situation got blown out of proportion. This really wouldn’t be a big deal if there wasn’t a history here.
• A fantastic breakdown of how Antawn Jamison slips the high screen and how that impacts the offense.
• In case you didn’t notice, the Birdman Chris Andersen is playing pretty well in Miami.
• Here is a great story about playground legend James Board in the Washington Post.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30