Feb 6, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
If you give an NBA player a good look from three, they will knock a high percentage down.
So if Golden State wants to blame anyone for Houston’s three-point barrage against it — 23 made threes, tying the NBA record for most made threes in a game — they can blame themselves. Watch the video above, I would generously say that five of the 23 makes are contested. At the end of the game there was a hard foul and coach Mark Jackson had his guys fouling to prevent the Rockets from setting the record. I don’t have a problem with Jackson doing that — if the Rockets are going to go for the record in a game that is decided he has the right to stop that in any way he wishes — but the better move would have been defending the arc better during the game.
Still, an impressive bit of shooting by the Rockets.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4