Feb 6, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
If you give an NBA player a good look from three, they will knock a high percentage down.
So if Golden State wants to blame anyone for Houston’s three-point barrage against it — 23 made threes, tying the NBA record for most made threes in a game — they can blame themselves. Watch the video above, I would generously say that five of the 23 makes are contested. At the end of the game there was a hard foul and coach Mark Jackson had his guys fouling to prevent the Rockets from setting the record. I don’t have a problem with Jackson doing that — if the Rockets are going to go for the record in a game that is decided he has the right to stop that in any way he wishes — but the better move would have been defending the arc better during the game.
Still, an impressive bit of shooting by the Rockets.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30