Feb 6, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
If you give an NBA player a good look from three, they will knock a high percentage down.
So if Golden State wants to blame anyone for Houston’s three-point barrage against it — 23 made threes, tying the NBA record for most made threes in a game — they can blame themselves. Watch the video above, I would generously say that five of the 23 makes are contested. At the end of the game there was a hard foul and coach Mark Jackson had his guys fouling to prevent the Rockets from setting the record. I don’t have a problem with Jackson doing that — if the Rockets are going to go for the record in a game that is decided he has the right to stop that in any way he wishes — but the better move would have been defending the arc better during the game.
Still, an impressive bit of shooting by the Rockets.
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 23
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 71
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 68