Feb 6, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
It is widely expected the Utah Jazz are going to trade one of their two big men before the trade deadline — Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are both in the last year of their contracts and they are not both coming back.
The Spurs are in the lead to land Jefferson, reports long-time hoops writer Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com.
The San Antonio Spurs are the front-runners to land Al Jefferson in a trade with the Utah Jazz – and they are frontrunners like Secretariat was in the 1973 Belmont Stakes….
“Those teams are practically incestuous, they are on such good terms internally,” one NBA source told me Wednesday.
With Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors on the bench, the Jazz don’t lose that much by shipping out Jefferson, and it’s not like the Jazz are title contenders anyway. What they could use is a point guard and Sheridan notes Patty Mills is on the Spurs roster.
Deals have a way of falling apart, and with these two teams there are not a lot of leaks, but don’t be shocked that if out of the blue in the next couple weeks a deal between these two appears “out of nowhere.”
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20