Feb 6, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
It is widely expected the Utah Jazz are going to trade one of their two big men before the trade deadline — Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are both in the last year of their contracts and they are not both coming back.
The Spurs are in the lead to land Jefferson, reports long-time hoops writer Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com.
The San Antonio Spurs are the front-runners to land Al Jefferson in a trade with the Utah Jazz – and they are frontrunners like Secretariat was in the 1973 Belmont Stakes….
“Those teams are practically incestuous, they are on such good terms internally,” one NBA source told me Wednesday.
With Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors on the bench, the Jazz don’t lose that much by shipping out Jefferson, and it’s not like the Jazz are title contenders anyway. What they could use is a point guard and Sheridan notes Patty Mills is on the Spurs roster.
Deals have a way of falling apart, and with these two teams there are not a lot of leaks, but don’t be shocked that if out of the blue in the next couple weeks a deal between these two appears “out of nowhere.”
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61