Feb 6, 2013, 3:28 PM EST
It is widely expected the Utah Jazz are going to trade one of their two big men before the trade deadline — Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are both in the last year of their contracts and they are not both coming back.
The Spurs are in the lead to land Jefferson, reports long-time hoops writer Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com.
The San Antonio Spurs are the front-runners to land Al Jefferson in a trade with the Utah Jazz – and they are frontrunners like Secretariat was in the 1973 Belmont Stakes….
“Those teams are practically incestuous, they are on such good terms internally,” one NBA source told me Wednesday.
With Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors on the bench, the Jazz don’t lose that much by shipping out Jefferson, and it’s not like the Jazz are title contenders anyway. What they could use is a point guard and Sheridan notes Patty Mills is on the Spurs roster.
Deals have a way of falling apart, and with these two teams there are not a lot of leaks, but don’t be shocked that if out of the blue in the next couple weeks a deal between these two appears “out of nowhere.”
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10