Feb 6, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
After a month where Samuel Dalembert was all but out of the Bucks rotation, he has played more than 20 minutes in three of the team’s last five games. That included a 35-point, 12 rebound performance against the Nuggets on Tuesday night.
Are the Bucks showcasing Dalembert for a potential trade?
Marc Stein of ESPN tweets that they are… or at least were.
Sanders injured his hip Tuesday night in a pretty nasty fall and while the initial X-rays came back negative Sanders said it was sore after the game. Sanders does not look to be out long-term. If he is out a few games, that would likely just mean more burn for Dalembert as they show his skills off.
But when Sanders comes back, there are plenty of teams that will be tempted by a shot-blocking big like Dalembert. He’s also in the last year of his contract, making $6.7 million. He’s a guy who could be on the move.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4