Feb 6, 2013, 10:07 AM EST
Fresh off hitting the over with her lounge-style rendition of the national anthem at the Super Bowl, Alicia Keys is taking over the NBA All-Star Game as the halftime entertainment.
Keys, who has 14 Grammys at home, likely will be doing some songs off her new album “Girl on Fire” (including probably the title track) plus whatever other tunes she wants to cram into the 15 minutes or so she has. She puts on a good show, everyone likes her music, I like it. I think it’s an upgrade over last year (Pitbull).
John Legend will perform the Star-Spangled Banner while Gloria Reuben will do the Canadian national anthem.
The players will be welcomed on to the court with a performance by NE-YO for the All-Star Game.
All-Star Saturday will be hosted by Nick Cannon and there will be performances by Ellie Goulding, American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips, and in a change of flavor recently-reunited Fall Out Boy will perform right before the Slam Dunk contest. On Saturday RaVaughn will perform the American national anthem and Michelle Peavy the Canadian national anthem.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)