Feb 6, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Fresh off hitting the over with her lounge-style rendition of the national anthem at the Super Bowl, Alicia Keys is taking over the NBA All-Star Game as the halftime entertainment.
Keys, who has 14 Grammys at home, likely will be doing some songs off her new album “Girl on Fire” (including probably the title track) plus whatever other tunes she wants to cram into the 15 minutes or so she has. She puts on a good show, everyone likes her music, I like it. I think it’s an upgrade over last year (Pitbull).
John Legend will perform the Star-Spangled Banner while Gloria Reuben will do the Canadian national anthem.
The players will be welcomed on to the court with a performance by NE-YO for the All-Star Game.
All-Star Saturday will be hosted by Nick Cannon and there will be performances by Ellie Goulding, American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips, and in a change of flavor recently-reunited Fall Out Boy will perform right before the Slam Dunk contest. On Saturday RaVaughn will perform the American national anthem and Michelle Peavy the Canadian national anthem.
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 2
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 19
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 1
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 23
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 28