Feb 6, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Fresh off hitting the over with her lounge-style rendition of the national anthem at the Super Bowl, Alicia Keys is taking over the NBA All-Star Game as the halftime entertainment.
Keys, who has 14 Grammys at home, likely will be doing some songs off her new album “Girl on Fire” (including probably the title track) plus whatever other tunes she wants to cram into the 15 minutes or so she has. She puts on a good show, everyone likes her music, I like it. I think it’s an upgrade over last year (Pitbull).
John Legend will perform the Star-Spangled Banner while Gloria Reuben will do the Canadian national anthem.
The players will be welcomed on to the court with a performance by NE-YO for the All-Star Game.
All-Star Saturday will be hosted by Nick Cannon and there will be performances by Ellie Goulding, American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips, and in a change of flavor recently-reunited Fall Out Boy will perform right before the Slam Dunk contest. On Saturday RaVaughn will perform the American national anthem and Michelle Peavy the Canadian national anthem.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49