Feb 6, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Fresh off hitting the over with her lounge-style rendition of the national anthem at the Super Bowl, Alicia Keys is taking over the NBA All-Star Game as the halftime entertainment.
Keys, who has 14 Grammys at home, likely will be doing some songs off her new album “Girl on Fire” (including probably the title track) plus whatever other tunes she wants to cram into the 15 minutes or so she has. She puts on a good show, everyone likes her music, I like it. I think it’s an upgrade over last year (Pitbull).
John Legend will perform the Star-Spangled Banner while Gloria Reuben will do the Canadian national anthem.
The players will be welcomed on to the court with a performance by NE-YO for the All-Star Game.
All-Star Saturday will be hosted by Nick Cannon and there will be performances by Ellie Goulding, American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips, and in a change of flavor recently-reunited Fall Out Boy will perform right before the Slam Dunk contest. On Saturday RaVaughn will perform the American national anthem and Michelle Peavy the Canadian national anthem.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17