Feb 6, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Fresh off hitting the over with her lounge-style rendition of the national anthem at the Super Bowl, Alicia Keys is taking over the NBA All-Star Game as the halftime entertainment.
Keys, who has 14 Grammys at home, likely will be doing some songs off her new album “Girl on Fire” (including probably the title track) plus whatever other tunes she wants to cram into the 15 minutes or so she has. She puts on a good show, everyone likes her music, I like it. I think it’s an upgrade over last year (Pitbull).
John Legend will perform the Star-Spangled Banner while Gloria Reuben will do the Canadian national anthem.
The players will be welcomed on to the court with a performance by NE-YO for the All-Star Game.
All-Star Saturday will be hosted by Nick Cannon and there will be performances by Ellie Goulding, American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips, and in a change of flavor recently-reunited Fall Out Boy will perform right before the Slam Dunk contest. On Saturday RaVaughn will perform the American national anthem and Michelle Peavy the Canadian national anthem.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28