Feb 5, 2013, 5:43 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Clippers have lost seven of nine and need something to get them back to the potential contender status they were playing at the first couple months of the season… like the return of Chris Paul, for example. He has missed eight of those nine games with a bruised knee. That’s not a coincidence. As good as Eric Bledsoe is — and teams want to trade for him for a reason — the Clippers are 5-5 when CP3 sits and he starts this season. Good news for the Clippers is Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups could be back by this weekend, reports Arash Markazi at ESPNLosAngeles.com.
• Here is a great breakdown of what has gone wrong with the Clippers while Paul has been out.
• If you read one thing today, it should be the oral history (and watch the video) of the Costacos brothers poster/wall art empire.
• Zach Lowe at Grantland with an amazing breakdown of how the Chicago Bulls defend the pick-and-roll a little differently than everyone else. And it works for them.
• Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament talks about playing pickup basketball. And how Kurt Cobain used to give him crap about it.
• You want to own the blueprints for the Jordan statue outside the United Center? You can. If you have a cool $100,000 lying around.
• Utah’s Gordon Hayward is doubtful against the Bucks on Wednesday because of his shoulder injury.
• Finally, this baby has more trick shots than you do.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:30 AM EST
Jan 31, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Three misses and a frustration foul on a single possession.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
Minnesota fans boo Love during pregame intros, cheer him during tribute video
Jan 31, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Jan 31, 2015, 6:30 PM EST
Kanter was dismissive of both Klay Thompson and Andrew Bogut before Friday night’s win.
Jan 31, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Cleveland plays the Timberwolves in Minnesota on Saturday.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:59 PM EST
Jan 31, 2015, 3:21 PM EST
With Ricky Rubio, Nikola Pekovic and Kevin Martin back in the rotation the Timberwolves will not be such a pushover.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Green being unexpectedly held out led some to speculate that he might be dealt.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
They’re not winning, but they still produce some highlight plays.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
The tenth in Bryant’s signature line returns to a low-top silhouette, and the first colorway is inspired by Kobe’s early morning high dive as he recovered from Achilles surgery.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
Denver’s offer of J.J. Hickson and JaVale McGee isn’t enough for Brooklyn to pull the trigger — especially with Lopez coming off of a 35-point, 12-rebound performance against the Raptors.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Those two together at this stage of their careers are a poor fit together.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:36 AM EST
Balance and defense win the day.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
180 or 360?
Jan 30, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
It took Kobe Bryant being injured for Cousins to make the squad.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:49 PM EST
If it can happen to Duncan….
Jan 30, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
Robin Lopez has a long rap sheet of mascot abuse.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:51 PM EST
Jeff Green could get more run.
Jan 30, 2015, 6:56 PM EST
This is not a serious injury, but they will miss him defending Blake Griffin.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10