Feb 5, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
Some fans in Ohio are still pretty pissed at LeBron James for leaving for South Beach.
But you can’t put that on your car. Apparently.
The Dayton Daily News in Ohio looked at personalized license plates rejected by the state‘s Bureau of Motor Vehicles and found some LeBron James hate did not make the cut. (Be warned: if you are easily offended do not click that link, some of the non-LeBron ones got rejected for pretty obvious reasons.) Thanks to Rob Mahoney at Sports Illustrated for finding this.
Among the LeBron ones were:
My question: Is that really so offensive as to get rejected? I could think of some four-letter phrases with LBJ tacked on that would and should get rejected. But if you hate LeBron James is that going to offend people or lead to fights or something?
Or, maybe Ohio just wants to protect the legacy of Texas Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson. Say he sucks and those are fightin’ words.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (98)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'