Feb 5, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is getting a well-deserved television spot to go along with the “KD is not nice” internet meme that’s been out there the past couple of months in support of his latest signature shoe, the KD V.
The ad continues with the “not nice” theme. From the official release:
“Does a nice guy lead the league in scoring for three consecutive years? Does a nice guy bulldoze through the lane and dunk with fury? Does a nice guy consistently posterize opponents? When it comes to his versatile prowess and expanded game on the court, KD is not nice.”
It’s interesting that they went with the Ice Blue version of the KD V as the colorway that was showcased instead of either the home or away version that more prominently features the colors of the Oklahoma City Thunder, but it’s not surprising. This is one of the slickest editions released to date, and being more neutral is likely to draw more interest from the casual fan than would the hardcore team colors.
The Ice Blue KD V launches globally February 6 online and February 7 in stores.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 37
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42