Feb 5, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is getting a well-deserved television spot to go along with the “KD is not nice” internet meme that’s been out there the past couple of months in support of his latest signature shoe, the KD V.
The ad continues with the “not nice” theme. From the official release:
“Does a nice guy lead the league in scoring for three consecutive years? Does a nice guy bulldoze through the lane and dunk with fury? Does a nice guy consistently posterize opponents? When it comes to his versatile prowess and expanded game on the court, KD is not nice.”
It’s interesting that they went with the Ice Blue version of the KD V as the colorway that was showcased instead of either the home or away version that more prominently features the colors of the Oklahoma City Thunder, but it’s not surprising. This is one of the slickest editions released to date, and being more neutral is likely to draw more interest from the casual fan than would the hardcore team colors.
The Ice Blue KD V launches globally February 6 online and February 7 in stores.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7