Feb 5, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is getting a well-deserved television spot to go along with the “KD is not nice” internet meme that’s been out there the past couple of months in support of his latest signature shoe, the KD V.
The ad continues with the “not nice” theme. From the official release:
“Does a nice guy lead the league in scoring for three consecutive years? Does a nice guy bulldoze through the lane and dunk with fury? Does a nice guy consistently posterize opponents? When it comes to his versatile prowess and expanded game on the court, KD is not nice.”
It’s interesting that they went with the Ice Blue version of the KD V as the colorway that was showcased instead of either the home or away version that more prominently features the colors of the Oklahoma City Thunder, but it’s not surprising. This is one of the slickest editions released to date, and being more neutral is likely to draw more interest from the casual fan than would the hardcore team colors.
The Ice Blue KD V launches globally February 6 online and February 7 in stores.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 6
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 32
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8