Feb 5, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is getting a well-deserved television spot to go along with the “KD is not nice” internet meme that’s been out there the past couple of months in support of his latest signature shoe, the KD V.
The ad continues with the “not nice” theme. From the official release:
“Does a nice guy lead the league in scoring for three consecutive years? Does a nice guy bulldoze through the lane and dunk with fury? Does a nice guy consistently posterize opponents? When it comes to his versatile prowess and expanded game on the court, KD is not nice.”
It’s interesting that they went with the Ice Blue version of the KD V as the colorway that was showcased instead of either the home or away version that more prominently features the colors of the Oklahoma City Thunder, but it’s not surprising. This is one of the slickest editions released to date, and being more neutral is likely to draw more interest from the casual fan than would the hardcore team colors.
The Ice Blue KD V launches globally February 6 online and February 7 in stores.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 5
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 23
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 66
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36