Feb 5, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is getting a well-deserved television spot to go along with the “KD is not nice” internet meme that’s been out there the past couple of months in support of his latest signature shoe, the KD V.
The ad continues with the “not nice” theme. From the official release:
“Does a nice guy lead the league in scoring for three consecutive years? Does a nice guy bulldoze through the lane and dunk with fury? Does a nice guy consistently posterize opponents? When it comes to his versatile prowess and expanded game on the court, KD is not nice.”
It’s interesting that they went with the Ice Blue version of the KD V as the colorway that was showcased instead of either the home or away version that more prominently features the colors of the Oklahoma City Thunder, but it’s not surprising. This is one of the slickest editions released to date, and being more neutral is likely to draw more interest from the casual fan than would the hardcore team colors.
The Ice Blue KD V launches globally February 6 online and February 7 in stores.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30