Feb 4, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
The basketball injury gods are heaping cruel and unusual punishment on Orlando Magic fans.
The Magic will try to break their nine-game losing streak without starters J.J. Redick (shoulder), Jameer Nelson (arm), Arron Afflalo (this will be his fifth game out due to an injured calf), plus bench player DeQuan Jones (ankle), tweets John Denton of the team’s official Web site. All of that on top of Glen Davis being out for the season.
I doubt the Redick injury shows the trade talk around him — if you were going to bet one guy to get dealt at the deadline, it will be Redick. His injury would have to be fairly substantial to slow that, and reportedly it is not.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 39
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4