Feb 4, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
The basketball injury gods are heaping cruel and unusual punishment on Orlando Magic fans.
The Magic will try to break their nine-game losing streak without starters J.J. Redick (shoulder), Jameer Nelson (arm), Arron Afflalo (this will be his fifth game out due to an injured calf), plus bench player DeQuan Jones (ankle), tweets John Denton of the team’s official Web site. All of that on top of Glen Davis being out for the season.
I doubt the Redick injury shows the trade talk around him — if you were going to bet one guy to get dealt at the deadline, it will be Redick. His injury would have to be fairly substantial to slow that, and reportedly it is not.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91