Feb 4, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
The basketball injury gods are heaping cruel and unusual punishment on Orlando Magic fans.
The Magic will try to break their nine-game losing streak without starters J.J. Redick (shoulder), Jameer Nelson (arm), Arron Afflalo (this will be his fifth game out due to an injured calf), plus bench player DeQuan Jones (ankle), tweets John Denton of the team’s official Web site. All of that on top of Glen Davis being out for the season.
I doubt the Redick injury shows the trade talk around him — if you were going to bet one guy to get dealt at the deadline, it will be Redick. His injury would have to be fairly substantial to slow that, and reportedly it is not.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 0
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 4
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 21
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement